weve just had an electrical inspection carried out and have

been told our shower is incorectly wired. :blink:

Its been like it for a few years and has been ok,

was going to atttempt to do it myself but there is a new

law being passed i believe regarding wiring. :question:

can anyone recomend an electrician who wont overcharge me

to put it right    im in essex

john

I have a cousin who is an electrician, he works for a company - however does private jobs in the evening's and weekends.

Depends where abouts in ESSEX you are from ......... PM me.

Regards,

That law hasn't come into affect as yet.

It's also a crock.

Most traders are crooked and incompetent. I would never trust any of them to do my wiring. That's why we have big B&Q/HYomebase stores.

If the law comes into force, it will be unenforceable. If there's a problem you just say "it was like that when I found it". I'll certainly be ignoring this law as well as the fascist ID cards. These nutty nannys are going too far.

That law hasn't come into affect as yet.

It's also a crock.

Most traders are crooked and incompetent. I would never trust any of them to do my wiring. That's why we have big B&Q/HYomebase stores.

If the law comes into force, it will be unenforceable. If there's a problem you just say "it was like that when I found it". I'll certainly be ignoring this law as well as the fascist ID cards. These nutty nannys are going too far.

yes it has, it arrived on 1st january :whistling:

if crocks are things set up to ensure safety, then it must be a crock then :huh:

nice bit of generalisation ;) , the new laws have been set up to get rid of the incompetant and unqualified traders,

most people beleive that their wiring is ok, usually right up to the moment it catches the house on fire, or kills someone

just because it works doesnt make it safe !!

all installation work now has to be tested, using specific testing instruments, all readings are the evidence to the safety of the installation, and have to be recorded

strange how b & q/homebase dont sell the test equipment !!!

at the end of the day a law is a law, maybe it will be hard to enforce, but at the end of the day its been made for safety reasons

if you feel competant enough to do your own electrics, why not get the qualifications and you could then self certify all your own work

its easy isnt it :winky:

It may have come into law but not in my f***ing house.

There are plenty of DIY books around telling you how to do a shower. You can get one out of the library.

There's no way I'm paying some cowboy to electrocute me. I've an electronics degree and I'm not going to let myself be electrocuted by some bone-head who's too stupid to get a decent job.

They'll have to prise my multimeter from my cold dead hands before I follow anything this stupid f***ing sh*** government tells me to.

They've de-criminalised cannabis to lower the crime figures, yet because they've got nothing to do and everyone's complained about the seven ministers in the DTI and its "Potted Plant Strategy", they've used their time to make kids wear goggles when playing conkers. The DTI doesn't do anything other than tell businesses how to run their business. Considering it's Labour in power, they know nothing about business.

Because they've driven all the companies abroad, they've put millions in higher education getting Mickey Mouse degrees and to pay for it they introduced the fees. They've got millions in incapacity benefits, millions "economically inactive" and millions in government non-jobs such as pregnancy co-ordinators. All in all about 20% is the real unemployment rate. Are we seriously to believe that we have record low unemployment when the rest of the world has record high unemployment and all our firms are moving abroad to the Far East or Eastern Europe?

This legislation is just to give electricians a job. If these electricians weren't ripping us all off, we wouldn't be going to B&Q which offers leaflets telling you how to install electric showers.

The only good politician is a dead one. They shoud all be flogged to death with the rancid corpse of a dead politician.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links