Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is This Dear...?

monster

Hi folks and happy new year to all you guys and gals.

After getting my car serviced by Lexus they came back with a safety report of any problems that should be addressed over the next year of so. This was quite sizeable and broken down to roughly the following:

New brakes pads and disks - 360ish & possible new front calipers - ???

4 :sick: new tyres (dunlops) - 127 per corner

New cambelt and tensioner - 280ish

Plus other little bits and bobs - 300ish

Would you say that this is too expensive?

If so is there any place up north (around Liverpool way) that anyone could recommend to do a good job at a reasonable price - I'm sure i thought I'd seen another post with a company in Warrington???

I might just get a new set of wheels with tyres 18's/19's which would solve one of the problems. :hehe: would I be as well joining Gold to get a bit of a saving? Especially as I would be looking at a body kit and maybe a supercharger in the near future (dependant on price).

Apologies if it's a bit of a rant.. :blush:

The guy at Lexus thought that the way my pad/disc was worn could be caused by a caliper problem. However, when I took it back a week later to fit a new stereo they didn't menion this as a possible problem on a new safety report.

hmmm, surely this has more to do with the mileage of the car, the time since the last disc/pad replacement (if ever) etc.

If I was you, i'd just use this as an opportunity to upgrade the discs and pads if they are worn.

I personally, wouldn't change the calipers. Especially if they only "think" that it might be the problem.

When were they last changed?

Thanks for the advice. I've no idea when they were changed last :o as the the previous owners used it as a fleet car (all services doen by Lexus) but I know that one of the discs is about 70% worn. As I've got an MOT due I thought might as well get them done now rather than later.

Is that a good price by Lexus or are the ones suggested above just as good?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links