Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"headlight Issue"

Hi there.

Can anyone enlighten me with a wee problem with regards to the headlights??

I was out driving in the dark last night with no problems at all and everything in the headlight department working as it should. When I stopped the car and turned everything off to get out, the dipped headlights came on for no reason. The front fog light switch was in the off position, as was the headlight switch. Upon puting the key back in the ignition and turning it to the first stop, the headlights went off. I started the engine and everything worked as it should but again when i turned everything off and removed the key from the ignition, the dipped headlights came on!!!!

Took the car for a long run on the way home thinking it was maybe some water that had creaped in to the electrics somewhere and this seemed to do the trick. But then about 3-4 hours later I noticed that the lights had mysteriously came back on whilst the car was sitting in the driveway and all locked up!!!!

Managed to get them off and hopefully they have stayed off over night (will find out when I go to work!!!) but has anyone out there any ideas?? Fuses, relays??

I know this may sound like a stupid question but when you say the fuse block I take it you mean the holder in which all the fuses are kept in in the drivers footwell compartment??

Sounds expensive!! Any ideas on a reasonable price I should be looking at when I contact Lexus Glasgow??

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!! That seems a bit steep. Is there no way it can be dried out?? Don't want to have to spend that kind of money right after Xmas if I don't really have to. Anybody else out there that has had this problem and been able to fix it rather than buy a new fuse/relay holder???

I had a similar problem with an Izuzu, took out the relay/fuse sprayed with WD40 problem fixed.

Similar prob with Scorpio but alarm would go off as well, New unit needed as moisture had corroded some connections

Tried today to WD40 the relay but still the problem persists. I also borrowed a friends relay from his IS200, which is working fine, and still the same problem with the headlights staying on. Anybody any ideas?? I am trying to leave it as a last resort to booking it in to Lexus Glasgow. HELP!!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links