Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is This Possible?

Seen this on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...5742186391&rd=1

I'm pretty sure that you couldn't make it backwards compatible for Sat Nav if you don't already have it, but would it be viable to connect this to a DVD player so you'd have a motorised DVD player/screen combo? Also do you think it would be cost effective? :whistling:

Thanks in advance guys!

Seen this on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...5742186391&rd=1

I'm pretty sure that you couldn't make it backwards compatible for Sat Nav if you don't already have it, but would it be viable to connect this to a DVD player so you'd have a motorised DVD player/screen combo?  Also do you think it would be cost effective?  :whistling:

Thanks in advance guys!

To be honest, I would'nt bother. :)

Thats just typical !!

IVe been after one of these for ages for my incar pc setup and the week I decide to change my car to one with satnav this comes up on eBay at a decent price !!!

if you wanted to install it just for dvd playback it would be easy

and also pretty kickass for an incar pc install!!

retro fitting the oem nav, is possible, however you will also need the nav ecu that is mounted inthe boot, the gps arial plus the wiring loom, plus time and effort to strip the interior to fit the lot. may as well get a tom tom..

However,, if like a couple of guys here, you wish to use the motorised nav housing simply to mount a screen for say a car PC, dvd player or the like, then that price is pretty good (if it also includes the motorised part) some have sold for like 400 odd euros..

Sorry Fargo and Brettster just read your posts...might have to reconsider ^_^

I've not seen the SatNav screens operate. :blush: Do they pop up when ignition is started and back when ignition off? Also how difficult would it be to remove then insert this part of the dash?

if the satnav housing on eBay has the motor

then it should pop up when you turn the key and close when you turn off

you can also open n close at will using the button

to remove this section on my car you just got a firm grip and pulled it towards you, I think theres a few screws on the newer version and on the sat nav one

but you could change it in 2 mins tops