Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is200 Se Owner

lexus stu

hi guys, my mate who had is lexus and evo 6 keyed is now selling his evo and wants to mod his lexus like mad and wants mental bhp for road and track use, can anyone give me a list of all the mods and rough price's that he can do to get this?

He will be a member very soon as i told him last night about you guys and how helpful you all are!!!

cheers

stu :D :D :D :D :D

He is running 12 sec for the 1/4 of a mile so he wants the same and/or better, he also drive, his evo hard!!!!!

costs ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££and£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ mate :ph34r:

costs ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££and£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ mate  :ph34r:

thanks mate! :angry:

any idea's?????????

Off the top of my head:-

TTE S/C - 2.5-3K

Turbo - at a guess 5k easy

50/75 Shot of Nitrous (if used with the s/c) & including controller - 900 quid.

performance manifold - 400 quid

Zaust, intake - varies

without uprating the stock internals your good for about 280-300 BHP i beieve..

then theres

suspension - approx 800/1K

330mm Big brake kit - 1300

or discs and pads - approx 500

wheels - varies.

Off the top of my head:-

TTE S/C - 2.5-3K

Turbo - at a guess 5k easy

50/75 Shot of Nitrous (if used with the s/c) & including controller - 900 quid.

performance manifold  - 400 quid

Zaust, intake - varies

without uprating the stock internals your good for about 280-300 BHP i beieve..

then theres

suspension - approx 800/1K

330mm Big brake kit - 1300

or discs and pads - approx 500

wheels - varies.

knowin my mate mark he will be doing every thing and anything!!!

thank you for that boss

dont think your going to get your lex upto evo unless you have loads to spend mine has a turbo 280bhp realy impressed with it but i cant keep up with my mates evo 6 the only diff mine is luxury compared to the evo check out some of the garages on here mine is below

check out the monster there are alot of different ways to mod your motor

good luck :D

If he wants raw power then in my opinion forget the 200 - either do the 2JZGTE transplant like Mat Clawley which costs $$$ or buy a 300 with the 2JZ-GE engine and then look at modding that - best bang for the buck I'd say is the 300 with turbo and an auto box as that handles more power before you have to upgrade it..

The figures bandied about on here for reliability on a heavily modded IS200 say that you need to upgrade the engine internals at around the 275+ mark to ensure reliability and things get seriously expensive there - you're talking nearly as much cash as the actual turbo kit for the IS300.

It's just more cost effective and there are loads of guys in the US with these kits and pushing out over 400bhp - it's the route I was (and still am) thinking of going down.

The problem with the 200 is that you can throw ****loads of cash at it to get power and at the end of the day a modded 300 will spank most modded 200s!

in my eyes, and i know i am shooting myself in the foot.... :blush:

The is200 was never meant to be modifed to sports spec, whereas the altezza

( rs200 was!!!)

Hence the HUGE amount of tuning options available for the altezza..

Tell your mate to buy an altezza, ( or even an is300 and ship the parts over from the states!!!)

bang for buck, i don`t think that you can go wrong with the altezza!! i would say that even if i wasn`t in the trade!!

personally have drove loads of each, and cannot see that much difference in the quality of ride between the is200 and altezza!.... i am expecting a barage of abuse for saying it but it unbelieveable that someone might spend £2-3k on an is200 to get the same sort of performance the altezza has as standard!!!!!

FACT: TOYOTA`S WITH THE ENGINE ENDING IN FE ( 1G-FE) WERE NEVER MEANT FOR POWER... WHEREAS ENDING IN GE ( 3S-GE ) WERE!!

one is for sports cars, one is for cruising along motorways!!

True Scott, if I knew now what I knew when I bought the car I would have gone straight for an RS200, as a matter of interest what sort of bhp are the heavily modded Jap Tezza's kicking out as that's something I've never really looked at - what are those guys getting out of the 2 litres?

The modded 3 litre will still spank you though :P

i would still have picked an IS200.better spec

altezzas suspension is NOT as subtle as the 200, .......

its a shame they never built the car with the same spec as the 200 but with the 3s-ge.

however the 3s-ge is a highly strung engine, and doesnt modify easily without serious money as it is a High Compression engine.

dont get me wrong the engine is brilliant, but i prewfer the more refined 200.

and remmber, ive driven a few Altezzas aswell, therer is a very real difference, and acceleration isnt that different untill the Altezza hits the Higher Rpm range, but it does have a greater top speed

Exactly what i was thinking!

I driven the UK spec 1990 Corolla gti-16 & fast & good handling is a 4A GE ?then i test drive the 1993 Corolla 1.8 GXi(supposedly replaced the corolla gti), no comparison i thought even though higher capacity engine thats a 7A FE. its no hot hatch tho.

Mean while not got lexus yet(want a 2nd hand LS400) currently got a 1996 chaser, 2.5 1jz ge, not many people know what it is so not even gonna modify it!

FACT: TOYOTA`S WITH THE ENGINE ENDING IN FE ( 1G-FE) WERE NEVER MEANT FOR POWER... WHEREAS ENDING IN GE ( 3S-GE ) WERE!!

one is for sports cars, one is for cruising along motorways!!

Exactly what i was thinking!

I driven the UK spec 1990 Corolla gti-16 & fast & good handling is a 4A GE ?then i test drive the 1993 Corolla 1.8 GXi(supposedly replaced the corolla gti), no comparison i thought even though higher capacity engine thats a 7A FE. its no hot hatch tho.

Mean while not got lexus yet(want a 2nd hand LS400) currently got a 1996 chaser, 2.5 1jz ge, not many people know what it is so not even gonna modify it!

i take it your talking from experiance of both the is200 and the Altezza?

im not even getting into another silly discussion.........

remeber i have an Altezza sat on my forecourt.....and its not the first thats been imported.

there is not much difference on acceleration UNTILL the Altezza hits the upper half of the RPM range.9i.e you rev the bollocks out of it.fact)

if you read my post CORRECTLY you would have read i said the Altezza had a Higher top speed.

maybe the Altezza owners should stop suffereing from small P e n i s syndrome :D

ive not slated the Altezza, im saying the engine is very good, but its not the be all . end all of engines.

i'll tell you some little facts.

the Market is falling out of the Altezza, this is why therer is a huge delay in getting the Model report for the Manual.

and why is this......

for the price to import an Altezza now, including shipping costs and ESVA tax, import etc etc, you can buy the same aged IS200 and if you search well enough one fitted with Nav and possibly a full service history.

Altezza Guys, stop being so dam defensive....im not having a pop, im being realistic

it gets repetative to see a post all the time where some one who HAS an IS200 asking a question and then it being ruined by comments of " youe shouyld of got an Altezza, or Buy an Altezza it has 210hp as std".

if anyone herer in this club knows the cars personally its me........How many have i stripped, and rebuilt.

how many Altezzas have i imported, how many IS200 have i owned or even worked on.

stop crapping posts.........

and if i had a std IS200 id hold you on that challange.....but not top speed :D

Happy New Year everyone!

Supracharged... I'll put my stock standard RS200 up against any age stock standard IS200 - who do you think will win!

I know! 0-60, 1/4 mile, top speed, take your pick!

what is your 1/4 a mile and 0-60 times then!

20 sec :lol: :P j/k :winky:

hi guys, my mate who had is lexus and evo 6 keyed is now selling his evo and wants to mod his lexus like mad and wants mental bhp for road and track use, can anyone give me a list of all the mods and rough price's that he can do to get this?

He will be a member very soon as i told him last night  about you guys and how helpful you all are!!!

cheers

stu :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

He is running 12 sec for the 1/4 of a mile so he wants the same and/or better, he also drive, his evo hard!!!!!

hello mate, is this a black evo 6 mak edition? if so i mite know his brother. if it was down to me id ditch the lexus and keep the evo if he wants more speed and power, you are already starting with a quick car so to improve on that is impressive where as the is200 wasnt built for speed ! :driving: