Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turtle Wax Color Magic

mercenary

Turtle Wax Color Magic works in the same way as boot polish to fill in the most minor of scratches; those swirl marks. That's why it stains your polishing cloth.

The Autoglym polish (like all polishes) has a fine abrasive to take the edge off the swirl scratches so they're less pronounced. My cars over 4 years old and still doesn't need this yet. I must be doing something right.

I've used the Autoglym gloss which just puts a protective barrier on top. The good thing is it's supposed to be left on for half an hour or so before polishing. So I always put the car in the garage to avoid dust before polishing it off. That way it spends less time outside if it's about to rain. There's no white residue and it doesn't stain the polishing cloth either.

There's full sections on cleaning, polishing and waxing your car. You'll probably find it under "Detailing".

• 4 years later...

Are the comments about bodyshops not liking Colour Magic true ?

I'd assume a bodyshop would prepare a surface first before having to spray/fill it ?

Reason I ask, is that I have a cupboard full or Meguires, but we still use black colourmagic on the two Mercedes we have in blue/black metallic and they come out a treat and repel water for a long time ?

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Well I risked it and my paint didn't fall off :) Completely washed, claybarred and wax polished the car.

2.jpg

I was expecting something MER like - powdery, thick sort of stuff.

The Colourmagic was very smooth in consistancy and went on easy. I left it a bit too long in hindsight as it was a pain to get off, but it was the first time I have waxed it.

RainX'd the windows as well, see how that performs on this car.

Oh, and I stuck the Lexus grille badge back on; better methinks.

Whitey

Looks lovely, really should clean mine at some point too :)

Agree about the badge, looks better with it on - just noticed you have an IS300 without washers.........do you know if the car was fitted from new with the styling kit?

I know Lexus replaced all the TTE bumpers on IS300 (that were fitted from new) with the newer bumpers with the washers as technically it's not legal to have HID headlamps without headlamp washers.

If it had the kit from new, might be worth asking your dealer (only if it bothers you of course, personally I didn't put the washers on mine as I prefer the look without)

I agree on the washers; they should be there, but I don't like them, lol.

All they are good for is spraying washer fluid up the bonnet imo !

I can hear a second pump going when I wipe the windscreen - I presume that is the headlamp washers.

Also, there is a pipe that runs across the front of the engine block - would this be for heating the washer fluid ?

Also, there is a pipe that runs across the front of the engine block - would this be for heating the washer fluid ?

No idea, didn't actually think the washers on the IS are heated but I'm sure I'll be corrected if that's wrong :)