Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turtle Wax Color Magic

mercenary

Hi, new here and just got me an IS200 :P and its due a clean and polish and I need your advice.

I bought some silver Color Magic from turtle wax to wax my car after I finished but im not sure if this is the best stuff.

Im limited to buying only whatever my local Halfords has so turtlewax and auto glym are my limits.

What do you think of the color magic stuff and what would you recommend doing to my paint after its been cleaned i.e polish, gloss coat etc.

Turtle Wax Color Magic will only fill the swirls - not remove them. Next time you wash the car it'll all come off. Keep the Color Magic for your shoes and by a decent wax for a decent car. If you can only get to Halfords then Autoglym or Zymol for the sqwirls but hard work ). Alternatively order some Meguairs form the internet and do a proper job :)

be careful with the mer, it is abrasive and can remove your paintwork  :crybaby:

if you use mer use it only once or twice a year and use meguairs the rest cant go wrong.

ive been using MER for years on the white car as a pre polish.....

.iVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THE PAINT

Thanks folks, took the color magic back today and got me some auto glym resin polish... and super gloss... and glass cleaner :blush: always happens, its like sending me out to get a loaf of bread.

PLEASE!! Don't use this Turtle-Color-Stuff!!! Never!! It's .... :tsktsk: !!!

:blush:

Thanks folks, took the color magic back today and got me some auto glym resin polish... and super gloss... and glass cleaner  :blush:  always happens, its like sending me out to get a loaf of bread.
PLEASE!! Don't use this Turtle-Color-Stuff!!! Never!! It's .... :tsktsk: !!!

:blush:

Good man, i have used turtle wax colour magic on previous cars and had one bodyshop refuse to spray a panel on my car. He stood their swearing for about 5 minutes about how crap it was and a bodyshop nightmare, something to do with all the silicones it contains. This has been confirmed by many bodyshops since.

well, spent all day shampooing, polish with super resin, buffing, wax with high gloss and buff again and it got dark so i finished in the dark.

very impressed. rained,

I've cut your post short - just seemed appropriate :)

i was thinking of repainting my calipers but i dont think im brave enough yet (not much for modding my cars to be honest). Had a look though and they look fine, no rust or corrosion so will leave alone. Might just stick some logos on though :D

Well, day 2 of my cleaning marathon and ive now hoovered and polished the windows. Apart from the lower part of the rear window which was sent to this earth to just wind me up :S

i was thinking of repainting my calipers but i dont think im brave enough yet (not much for modding my cars to be honest). Had a look though and they look fine, no rust or corrosion so will leave alone. Might just stick some logos on though :D

Well, day 2 of my cleaning marathon and ive now hoovered and polished the windows. Apart from the lower part of the rear window which was sent to this earth to just wind me up :S

Why do you hoover a window :question::hehe::hehe: