Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stereo Problems

corky

hi,

first id like to thank all the people who have offered me there advice in the past couple of weeks. it made buying my first lexus a whole lot easier and made me feel much safer.

having just recently bought my car ive noticed that the cd player wont play copied cds. are they all like this and does anyone know a way around it

cheers :D

hi,

first id like to thank all the people who have offered me there advice in the past couple of weeks. it made buying my first lexus a whole lot easier and made me feel much safer.

having just recently bought my car ive noticed that the cd player wont play copied cds. are they all like this and does anyone know a way around it

cheers :D

What year is the car, mines a 2000 W and it plays them just fine. What kind of backup cd's you trying to play ( not sure how this site likes the c word). First thing that springs to mind is you're trying to play MP3 on a cd. If so you'll have to convert the files...

the standard cd player plays copy cd's just fine - but some people have had trouble in the past which was down to the media brand - swap to a higher grade media and a slower speed and u will be fine. also make sure u burn it as .cda not mp3.

It could be the type of cd being used for the backups. Some cd lasers won't detect or can't focus and/or establish the track on some brands. If your sure the file types are correct eg you've backed up a cd known to work in the car then try switching brand. I'm assuming you've tried these backups in another cd player and they work ( again watch in case the files are MP3 as many cd players support this format but the lexus standard unit doesn't)

Apologies if i'm stating the obvious... :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links