Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Got Pulled For The Number Plate!

aido

Well it's taken a while but I got pulled on the M1 this morning by the police for my show plates, can't fault them, I've been lucky this long!

Anyway, their cameras couldn't read my number plate, and thought there was an issue with my tax disk which is why I was pulled over - he was happy this was okay when he checked it but gave me a producer for the plates.

I'm not even going to bother messing about putting the show plates back on as I only live half a mile from the Police HQ where the forms are sent to do there's no point risking it!

Just a warning for you guys with dodgy plates, they were patrolling the M1 Nottingham to Sheffield in both directions

The guys were cool, I've always been a believer of be cool to them and they'll treat you the same way, they showed me all their kit and we had a laugh when they couldn't radio me through as an emergency transmission came through - they sat there a few minutes and then we all burst out laughing when a very sheepish policeman came on the radio and said he was very sorry but his daughter was ill off school so he was looking after her and she'd hit the emergency button :lol:

Just a heads up anyway guys, be careful, they're checking, by the way, I had the plates from Fancy Plates and they were show plates with Font 1 and also with illegal spacing, I'm getting a new custom sized set but I'll be ensuring all typefaces and spacing will be legal - it was fun while it lasted ;)

got pulled a few times in mine a few years back and changed them back to the proper typeface just became to much hassle . got pulled up twice on tuesday within the space of a mile by two different coppers on the m25,first for being overweight and the second for pulling off the motorway onto a bridge above to answer my phone,got let of both times thankfully ,wouldent mind but an hour before this happend i had witnessed an old bloke jamm his foot down on the accelerater whilst doing a three point turn and ramm into a wall then bounce of that and go flat out acroos the road ramming the car in front of me ,he then continued to floor it pushing the other car 5 foot up the kerb until i jump through from the passenger side and grabed his keys .think i will stay at home next tuesday just to be on the safe side.

got pulled up twice on tuesday within the space of a mile by two different coppers on the m25,first for being overweight and the second for pulling off the motorway onto a bridge above to answer my phone,

Dam, so being of a larger than normal physique is now a criminal offence, jezzzz Aido you was lucky :winky:

got pulled up twice on tuesday within the space of a mile by two different coppers on the m25,first for being overweight and the second for pulling off the motorway onto a bridge above to answer my phone,

Dam, so being of a larger than normal physique is now a criminal offence, jezzzz Aido you was lucky :winky:

:lol: and i have tried so hard to shed them few extra pounds i put on over xmas

Dunno what you mean mate, in those pics of my car it's been raised two inches - only looks low cos I'm in it...

Anyway's you cheeky ******ers, I've got a couple of crates of beer in the car as well as a PC in the boot I can't be arsed to take out so it's loaded down massively at the minute!!

Have to admit though, when the policeman was walking towards my car the front windows both went down quickly and the lights went off....

What illegal HIDs officer?

What illegal tints officer?

What illegal blue reverse bulbs officer?

Why do you think I'm so happy about it ;)

Dunno what you mean mate, in those pics of my car it's been raised two inches - only looks low cos I'm in it...

Anyway's you cheeky ******ers, I've got a couple of crates of beer in the car as well as a PC in the boot

WHAT..you murderd a Copper and stuck him in the boot.................

:crybaby:

Your a dangerous man Aiden paden

Have to admit though, when the policeman was walking towards my car the front windows both went down quickly and the lights went off....

What illegal HIDs officer?

What illegal tints officer?

What illegal blue reverse bulbs officer?

Right .... I'm gonna phone up me mates ..... lol !

LMAO.. that was a low but funny blow..

:lol:

It's true mate, the cars going to be lower when there's 20 stone in the car - that's 19 stone of muscle hanging in my trouser leg by the way ;)

They always say the low blows are the true ones :)

LMAO.. that was a low but funny blow..

:lol:

It's true mate, the cars going to be lower when there's 20 stone in the car - that's 1oz of muscle hanging in my trouser leg by the way ;)

They always say the low blows are the true ones :)

Bragging now eh Aido

i have the legal font but 1 space out

That still makes it illegal Steve ;)

question:???

would the police be able to distinguish between an imported tezza and a home grown IS 200,

IE: if the car was debadged , would they have enough knowledge to know that it wasnt an imported car, even if if gets reported as a lexus, could you say its been imported from japland, or does the car details say something if its imported, when the little radios talk to them

with the relevance to having jap sized plates fitted !!

Bazza, isn't the VIN tied into the reg number?

They never mentioned the size of my plates (I've got the small plate at the front), just that the typeface and spacing had to be sorted...

Me personally, I would :P

However, I'd say your average cop wouldn't be able to tell by "looking" at the car.

However, when you carry out a PNC (police national database) check, it would show exactly was the car was anyway, and if it was an import or not.

Regards,

Actually Bazza's raised a valid point - only Jap imports are allowed to use the tiny plates like on motorbikes, but Scarface, would I be breaching the law if I have the small plate but with the normal typeface and spacing?

Guess I'd really need to get the place that did the plates stamped on there too to make it more legal, but would that be okay?

Thanks in advance