Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is It Windy Near You

Monster-Mat

Not as windiy as it was on Thusday and Friday, Northants was especialy wild...

Something I have noticed about the Lex is that it is all over the place in teh wind.. nothing like my old car... is this due to teh size of the car or the fact that it is rear-wheel drive?

was very windy last night and this morning :crying:

our dustbins were emptied this morning, and half hour later they had blown across the road

spent this afternoon putting a temporary roof cover on me dads shed, after it blew away

no waves though ;)

Yeah Lexxy it is bad round here, I was blowing all over the place on the M1 yesterday!

Slightly OT as I think my window seals are knackered as occasionally if the wind hits the car at the right angle you can hear air rushing into the car and it pulls immediately to the side, going to order my extended warranty and then let them sort it - hoping that sort of stuff is covered ?

me and the missus were up all night cos the wind was blowing stuff everywhere and making a right racket. then around 3am we lost somewhere between 10-15 roof tiles and got a new skylight in the loft, the tv aerial has just totally disappeared and when it got light the garden looked like a bomb site!

rubble everywhere, fence panels snapped in half, debris everywhere. a tree fell down in the road too so we had a huge crane come to sort that out.

havent had chance to have a proper good look round or inspect the car cos its still pretty windy and theres a load of loose tiles that look like they could fall at any minute. and the way my luck's going i'd get hit!

the lex has rubble on it and is covered in crap so i think its gonna need a bit of work! theres a vectra down the road which has a massive dent in the roof. most of the houses in the street have been damaged, looks like we've had a mini tornado or something!

Not as windiy as it was on Thusday and Friday, Northants was especialy wild...

Something I have noticed about the Lex is that it is all over the place in teh wind.. nothing like my old car... is this due to teh size of the car or the fact that it is rear-wheel drive?

Seems to be normal if you have stiffer sway bars installed. It reacts faster. So you are in action.

Windy here too. Nothing to worry about. Just a bit more than normal yawn.gif

We need at least 15 new panels and that's just a 1/4 of one side of the garden!!

B&Q today closed it's garden ctr to the pubic they had sold two large piles of panels before lunch, I did feel for the member of staff who had to dodge the wind to get things for people.

We have spent the afternoon picking up the broken ones and placing them on the fire pile for burning at a later date, don't think it's worth replacing them just yet.

Back in the summer B&Q were selling panels for £6.99 today £12.99 talk about a sellers market.

if anyones seen the national news on bbc 1 today, the house in greater manchester that had a tree demolish it is my street!!!!! less than 20 metres away!

i tell a lie, thats the next street, ive just been out for a butchers cos the winds finally died down a bit. the tree that came down in our street just demolished a garden wall.

well its unreal up on top of the moors here in north yorkshire.

I played fottball today against the top of the league side and one of my goal kicks hit a gust of wind and didnt even get out of the 18 yard box :blush:

but overnight i lost my sheep shelter and my greenhouse so spent most of the morning tidying up glass debris.

still its nothing compared to recent events in other parts of the globe.

on a positive note my 10 yr old eucalyptus tree took it all in its stride once again, just aswell seen as though its only landing area is my roof :ohmy:

We must have escaped the worst, as far as I can tell no-one around here has any lost fences or damage at all (Heathrow area).

Some years ago when I was concreting part of the garden I had some left over so I plonked about 6" worth in the bottom of the plastic dustbin. It hasn't gone anywhere, not even that do in 1987 moved it. Second ploy is a bungee cord from a handle on the bin to the handle on the lid, no lost lids either.

I find the IS very good in high wind, now if you want a motor that really is all over the place in even the slightest of wind get a Cit C5, it was unbelievable !

Tree fell down right on the University road, I managed to steer round it, as I saw a taxi driver ahead do the same... went straight to the security hut and informed them - but was too late..

A car following on further behind wasn't so lucky and smashed straight into it!!

He was not best pleased!