Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Mkii Oil And Filter Change

If you've never changed oil or oil filters then the following article would be of use to you http://www.lexls.com/oilchange.html

The only difference I found, was that I didn't remove the underside cover for the engine, and that I needed to get a ladder to step on and remove the oil filter from above the engine compartment. The actual space is pretty confined, so the use of an oil filter spanner or removal tool would be advantageous.

I sourced the replacement Oil Filters from eBay with the eBay user nipponnev (no connection, eBay Sellers URL: http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...erid=nipponnev) at 2.50 a pop, and although I didn't pursue it, our local Halfords said they could not get an appropiate filter so it may be worth avoiding them for this.

Manufacturer: nipparts

Part Code: J1312021 (original Denso is part number 90915-20003)

Replacement oil was Chevron Fully Synthetic 5W40 at ukp 9.99 ex VAT per 4ltrs purchased from CostCo. I also purchased 2xMobil 1, but didn't have the guts to use it with such a high mileage car.

Why did you not use Mobil1?

Had an Audi 90 Quatrro sometime back, which needed a complete engine rebuild after just 200 miles on Mobil 1. Probably scarred for life now. Read your comment about a little extra engine noise when using Mobil 1, and thought deja vu so decided against it (the audi started to have a little extra engine noise after Mobil 1).

Is the filter geniune OEM? If not does I wouldn't use it, Denso filters are very efficient and have a non-return valve that not all cheaper filters do.

It's a direct replacement for the Denso 90915-20003, so should be manufactured to the same spec. The eBay auctions state Genuine OEM and the eBay user mentioned seems to know quite a lot about sourcing parts for Lexi/uses from Japan. A lot of the stuff he sells are Original Toyota/Denso parts but at seemingly ridiculous prices.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links