Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza/is300 Ecus?

ZedT3

Hi Guys,

Quick question. Where is the ECU for the engine located? Also, is there a separate computer for the traction control system and braking system as well? Are there any other computers that I should know about?

Thanks.

do you have an IS300 or Altezza, as this is relevent to where the other computers are

I have the genuine JDM Toyota Altezza with 3S-GE 215bhp engine. :D Sweet fuh days...

Would like to know where all the computers that control the car reside...

when you are face to the car, it is under the big cover ont the right, behind the light

Is this unit where the ECU is stored absolutely water tight? I was never a fan of having the engine ECU in the engine bay! Also, a buddy of mine is importing one from japan that is water damaged, and is wondering what he might need to get for spare parts (electronics) before it gets here.

You could move the ECU if you want but Toyota have made millions of vehicles with the ECU in the engine bay without problems.

Are there any other computers that I should know about?

Depends what you want to do.

There is a separate ECU for the ABS and VSC + many others.

You could move the ECU if you want but Toyota have made millions of vehicles with the ECU in the engine bay without problems.
Are there any other computers that I should know about?

Depends what you want to do.

There is a separate ECU for the ABS and VSC + many others.

What's VSC?

dont want to be rude but if u originally put your proper car in ur profile( or saying what car u have) and not altezza/is300 then the answers would have been quicker, rather than people having to guess what car u actually have.

That may be so, but my question still goes unanswered. Is someone on here available to help me or not? Wherever you go, everyone calls the IS300 an altezza and vice versa. So maybe you guys on here are more specific...fine. But can someone just answer my question?

That may be so, but my question still goes unanswered.  Is someone on here available to help me or not?  Wherever you go, everyone calls the IS300 an altezza and vice versa.  So maybe you guys on here are more specific...fine.  But can someone just answer my question?

It's also in the engine bay mate! :winky:

Look here, watch for your application and find the letter and its position.

Altezza (3S-GE) is position L = engine room

Apexi Wiring Manual

Hope this helps! :winky:

Mat, must be everywhere you go in barbados where the word "please" seems to have fallen out of use, cheers, gds

And what are you going on about? Maybe if it took you several posts and several days to get one question answered, you'd be flustered too...and if you check you will see that I did say please early on in the post. :whistling:

no, that ecu doesnt control every thing, there is an ecu behind the dash, one by the sunroof, one in the boot area, and one behind the glovebox

Thanks for answering Mat, :D could you just tell me what each of these ECUs are for?

That may be so, but my question still goes unanswered.  Is someone on here available to help me or not?  Wherever you go, everyone calls the IS300 an altezza and vice versa.  So maybe you guys on here are more specific...fine.  But can someone just answer my question?

It's also in the engine bay mate! :winky:

Look here, watch for your application and find the letter and its position.

Altezza (3S-GE) is position L = engine room

Apexi Wiring Manual

Hope this helps! :winky:

Thanks for the info mate, that was a proper piece of knowledge you shared and it's really appreciated! :D