Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Se With Nav Or Se-l

I'm not too clued up on the Rx . however, what more do u get with the

"L" ?

I'd say go for the SAT NAV option ..... so much better, I have sat nav, don't use it everyday ...... but when I do - I know it's there, and it's great !!

Additional Features on RX300 SE-L

* 18" alloy wheels with locking wheel nuts

* Mark Levinson® 11-speaker hi-fi system

* DVD-based touch-screen Lexus Navigator System with rear view camera click here for more info

* Electronically modulated air suspension

* Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS)

* Leather upholstery

* Power operated tailgate

* Photochromic rear view mirrors (automatic anti-glare)

* Heated front seats

* Electric one-touch tilt and slide sunroof with anti-jam protection

* 40/20/40 foldable rear seat

* Rain-sensing windscreen wipers

* Memory package for steering wheel, mirror and drivers seat

* Bluetooth® connectivity with built-in speakers, microphone and steering wheel mounted controls for hands-free use for compatible mobiles

Additional Features on RX300 SE

* 18" alloy wheels with locking wheel nuts

* Leather upholstery

* Power operated tailgate

* Photochromic rear view mirrors (automatic anti-glare)

* Heated front seats

* Electric one-touch tilt and slide sunroof with anti-jam protection

* 40/20/40 foldable rear seat

* Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS)

* Rain-sensing windscreen wipers

* Memory package for steering wheel, mirror and drivers seat

* Optional DVD-based touch-screen Lexus Navigator System with rear view camera click here for more info

* Electrically multi-adjustable front seats with lumber support

* Optional Bluetooth® connectivity with built-in speakers, microphone and steering wheel mounted controls for hands-free use for compatible mobiles

Hmm - the L comes with more ...... i'd get the SE-L - with the Sat Nav ! :D

There is little between the two now that the AFS has dropped down to the SE spec.

Best to test drive both on the sort of roads that you will use every day. Some people prefer the air suspension and others the standard coil springs.

I'm not too clued up on the Rx . however, what more do u get with the

"L" ?

I'd say go for the SAT NAV option ..... so much better, I have sat nav, don't use it everyday ...... but when I do - I know it's there, and it's great !!

Hi, I drove both "L" and SE, Little difference in ride quality to me. I ordered the SE, I don't use/need sat/nav. John

Thanks for your replies.

A quick question on Bluetooth kit. In the borchure it says that both Sat NAV and Bluetooth kits are optional on the SE. Are these seperate items to add or is the Bluetooth kit included in the SAT NAV?

If you order the SE with Sat Nav you get the Bluetooth integration too. There is no need for you to order anything else. The mic is built-in to the overhead console (also used for the voice recognition) and the speaker support is through the drivers side hi-fi speakers.

Having now finally got my phone book transfered to the system and set up the one touch dial numbers from the phone book I'm, finding this works very well. The places of interest and integration of this with the phone is also very useful. So glad I waited for the 2005 spec which has the phone integration and the traffic avoidance. For my regular journeys I don't bother setting my destination anymore, just look at the screen occasionaly and it shows you where the traffic problems are and the actual problem (e.g. lane closed) and what the direction is. As for the parking camera and the guides to help you park the thing, that's the best party trick of them all! Makes people really squirm too when you're able to park it so accurately! The Sat Nav system is pretty expensive but for the whole package it (for me at least) really makes a difference.

br

D

Hi All,

I need some advice. I am deciding between SE with Nav and SE-L. It's a 3K+ difference.

As far as I can understand the main difference with the latest 2005 spec is the air suspension.

Your advice would appreciated.

Thanks,

Sami

Hi Sami,

I had the same decision to make in 03, and I opted for the SE plus satnav, I just could not justify the goodies on the Sel for the extra money.

I am well satisfied and I reckon I made the right decision.

Jimlit

I had the same decision to make in 03, and I opted for the SE plus satnav, I just could not justify the goodies on the Sel for the extra money.

I am well satisfied and I reckon I made the right decision.

Jimlit

Now the SE gets even more spec from the SE-L the latter seems over priced.

Don't forget the Mark Levinson® 11-speaker hi-fi system. It sounds great though I agree it probably isn't worth £2K.

One thing to bear in mind may be trade-in prices, there will obviously be a premium for the SE-L, but would a loaded SE get the same kind of value ?

i have just bought a new lexus rx300se which has the built in tv screen but no sat nav. i was wondering if you can help me in this field as i want the system installed at the lowest cost possible. do you have any recommended retailers or any way of getting gps sat nav installed as it would be so much help for me to get around the uk.

thanks

mian imtiaz

i have just bought a new lexus rx300se which has the built in tv screen but no sat nav. i was wondering if you can help me in this field as i want the system installed at the lowest cost possible. do you have any recommended retailers or any way of getting gps sat nav installed as it would be so much help for me to get around the uk.

thanks

mian imtiaz

Buy a TomTom Go. If you want the Lexus Sat Nav then it would cost you £3000+ if buying new parts from Lexus.

Hi Sami

I've just taken delivery of the SE - it has been upgraded and as you say the main difference is the air suspension. The only reason to have the air suspension is if you want to go 'off-road' which, let's be honest isn't this cars forté, so I went for this model.... and it's been a great decision - I love this car so far. Lights that go round corners, auto windscreen wipers, auto dimming rear view mirror, reversing camera, satnav, Bluetooth

Hi Sami

I've just taken delivery of the SE - it has been upgraded and as you say the main difference is the air suspension. The only reason to have the air suspension is if you want to go 'off-road' which, let's be honest isn't this cars forté, so I went for this model.... and it's been a great decision - I love this car so far. Lights that go round corners, auto windscreen wipers, auto dimming rear view mirror, reversing camera, satnav, Bluetooth, remote hatch opening etc etc etc

My buddy has just got the X5 and to kit his car out to half this spec has put the cost up to 43k! I've driven his car and though nice I prefered the Lexus...

The Lexus drives well, looks good and has impressed the hell out of me (my previous car was the Lexus IS200 and before that a Mercedes C200 - I moved to Lexus because the Mercedes service was poor and everyone has a BMW...)

So go for the SE - I suspect the reason they've upped the spec is because of the soon to arrive RX400...

Hope this helps

:)