Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pop Ups

mudzs

I can not stop pop ups especialy one from eBay that is driving me crackers ,have been on my computor for 30 mins and have 20 pop ups most of them eBay and some other one :angry: .i have google pop up blocker enabled and norton and mcfee and i am still getting them .also i have 0% space left on my hard drive and it realy need sorting ,anyone know of a good pc person in the kent area :question: .thanks in advance for any help :mat:

Try the new free microsoft anti spyware software. seems ok

and if your not using Mozilla firefox web browser, why not???

my pc at home was fresh installed about 6 months ago, used firefox since day one

and when i did a spyware check, Zero came up :)

upgraded google bar to version 5.7 and still get them,brettster i tried to download microsoft anti spyware software but it will not let me due to the fact i have a moody copy of windows xp ,cant even downlaod service pack 2 because of this .not that i have any space left to put it on

haha

moody copy, I like that term :)

im sure the download page asks if you have a valid version of win xp but also offers to ignore that and download anyway

if you have 0 hard drive space left, you'll find your PC wont work very well anyway, Delete something and try to free up at least a few hundred megs of hd space

if you click on the continue box when it asks you to validate, it tells you about it then you have the option to continue without validating, perhaps thats because I use firefox im not sure but if you cannot get that to work try This Link

use netscape. popup blocker built in. and of coarse use ad aware. no probelms here.

I know and it works wonderfully. I just kept the Panicware one on my PC for some reason, but I don't use it now I have Firefox.

I'm really impresssed with Firefox and web browsing is quicker than IE on our PC.

Spyware still get's through, but no where near as much as it was with IE and it's not noticeably affecting the PC when it does.

I use Ad-Aware SE free edition once a week/fortnight to clean the PC. I also use Spybot-Search & Destroy for extra protection.