Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello! New Person With Lots Of Questions

adam t your car is exactly the look that im going for. is it the sport? thats the one i would like.

just been to a dealer to have a look at some forcourt second handers. nobody came out to see me which didnt bother me but then i wient in to get a brochure and i was totally ignored for about five minutes so i just grabbed one off the shelf and left.

is this what i should expect from a lexus dealership? or have i gone on a bad day. me mate said its because of my age which i dont think is any excuse! :tsktsk:

black is200 sport is good enough for me

im currently driving a Fiat Bravo HLX which is supposed to be the flagship model.

I recently bought a used IS200SE, and my previous car was a Bravo HGT (the 2 litre, 20v model) - I still think Bravos are great looking cars.

I've had the Lexus about 2 months or so now, but am still not entirely sure whether I did the right thing. I love the way the Lexus looks, and it's extremely comfortable and well equipped. However, on the other side of the coin I've been disappointed by its lack of power (it seemed quicker when I test drove it!), and its dire fuel economy. Officially, the Bravo HGT has a worse mpg than the IS200, but I've found the IS200 much worse. It doesn't help that whenever I drive our other car (an MR2 Roadster) then get back in the Lexus, it feels like a tank ;)

I'd bear in mind that the running costs (not including insurance) for the Lexus will be huge compared to your Bravo (servicing alone is horrendous), but I don't think you should be put off buying second hand if you can find one for the right price.

im currently driving a Fiat Bravo HLX which is supposed to be the flagship model.

I recently bought a used IS200SE, and my previous car was a Bravo HGT (the 2 litre, 20v model) - I still think Bravos are great looking cars.

I've had the Lexus about 2 months or so now, but am still not entirely sure whether I did the right thing. I love the way the Lexus looks, and it's extremely comfortable and well equipped. However, on the other side of the coin I've been disappointed by its lack of power (it seemed quicker when I test drove it!), and its dire fuel economy. Officially, the Bravo HGT has a worse mpg than the IS200, but I've found the IS200 much worse. It doesn't help that whenever I drive our other car (an MR2 Roadster) then get back in the Lexus, it feels like a tank ;)

I'd bear in mind that the running costs (not including insurance) for the Lexus will be huge compared to your Bravo (servicing alone is horrendous), but I don't think you should be put off buying second hand if you can find one for the right price.

Yep, mine's a 2000 / W sport.

Fuel is a bit of a shock at first but its worth every penny.

The pulling power is obcene! (No, I don't mean BHP :winky: )

Mine's out of warrenty now and is due a service, Lexus want approx £400

but my local AA Service centre are going to follow the Lexus schedule and charge me £170.

The lexus dealers aren't normally too bad, they do look down their noses at first.

Best way to do it is to phone and arrange a test drive, see how a new one feels then find a couple of 2nd hand one's from local dealers and give them a thrashing.

I'll upload some pics of mine to the Garrage when I get 5.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links