Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Stereo Question

Hi

My stereo has had the dreaded err3 message appear and it is sadly out of warranty now ( its a 99 model is200). I have seen a stereo on eBay which has the cd loading at the top of the unit (its from a '51 model, but my current one loads from the bottom. Will this stereo work in my car? The auction ends in about 10 hours so any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has a old original is200 stereo they are selling i would be interested as well, thanks

P.S i have tried the usual tricks ( taking the fuses out and giving it a wack but no luck)... does anyone know how much the dealer is likely to charge to get this fixed, is it worth paying around £300 for a stereo on eBay or would it be cheaper for the dealer to repair it, thanks for your help!

Ashok

i think you will find is that the older models had two connectors on them and the newer ones only the one..

Thanks for your quick reply Fargo

Do you know if there is anyway around this or is this newer unit incompatible with my car

Ashok

Thanks for all your help guys!

Looks like i will keep hunting eBay for a older stereo, they are quite rare though!!

Just out of interest, does anyone know how much the dealer may charge to repair the unit, and would they give any concession as this is a known problem with the stereo unit. I have heard some people get some joy through the lexus cutomer service line, but i am not sure if this will help as my car is out of warranty....

Ashok

Hi mate,

Just read your problem with stereo! I have one for sale! It is in mint condition and is out of a 2001 is 200! Up to you if interested? Price is £195+p+p/can collect if want?

That is the wrong unit for this car.

no offense but what is up with this neal guy!?!?! does he need to post in all those threads??

ffs

I'm only trying to help!!!

I have two units, one early one, and one old one!

There are two connectors(white)on ALL models! Only one white connector is EVER used! On the early ones you use right hand side plug and on latest ones you use the left hand connector!I have been told by lexus you can buy a loom converter for old to new(not other way around)! I have alot of helpfull people who work at Lexus because i have three diferent models, my latest being a brand new fully loaded with every extra IS300 Sport! I just thought i would say a few words! Thanks to everyone who has read this! Even the person with the smart comment!!!!!!

nice post Neal, but im afraid your slightly wrong, Both plugs are used, as one is from the amp, the other is the feed to the amp, the amp controls the headunit, not the other way around.

as for a conversion loom...intresting, please post a partnumber, my part list has nothing listed.

although you are trying to help, unfortunatly you are not a gold member, and therefore you are not allowed to pimp your wares.

Hi,

Sorry for my advert re stereo!Am new to club and didn't realise!I have two stereos both out of non satnav versions off the is200 sport, one being an 86120-53040(out of a 99plate) and a 86120-53090(out of a 02plate) I also have a microfishe(please excuse spelling if wrong?)map diagram!I can asure you that on the early version(99plate)connector used is the right sided one and on the latest model(02plate)That the left connector is used, thus leaving the other connector on both units unused!Microfishe also supports this!

As for loom converter, iam seeking further assistance from dealer/supply agent.Please leave with me!!

Thanks and sorry again about before!!! Regards Neal....

No idea mate? Comp screen went into save mode, must have presses return too many times?!? What meet?? Iam new to this! Was a member before(couple of years)But cudn't remember username/password so joined as new member yesterday!

Welcome to LOC then Neal, if you click this link you can see the details, it's a meet of around ten of us so far in Nottingham a week on Wednesday...

I'll have a look! Thanks! I'm 4 miles fromthe city centre of derby(forgot to mention before)...

Whereabouts pal, can't be too far away from a few of us on here?

Littleover mate. I've got a is200 sport blue with pplate&19"alloys&a is300 sport plat ice with pplate with kit&all extras(brand new)...

hmmm, may find the blank plug is for when the unit is used in the S models, which do not use an amp

My Lexus electrical workshop books support this :winky:

yep! just changed my stereo for an aftermarket one :D from an S model and you are right! :D

Hi,

Sorry for my advert re stereo!Am new to club and didn't realise!I have two stereos both out of non satnav versions off the is200 sport, one being an 86120-53040(out of a 99plate) and a 86120-53090(out of a 02plate) I also have a microfishe(please excuse spelling if wrong?)map diagram!I can asure you that on the early version(99plate)connector used is the right sided one and on the latest model(02plate)That the left connector is used, thus leaving the other connector on both units unused!Microfishe also supports this!

As for loom converter, iam seeking further assistance from dealer/supply agent.Please leave with me!!

Thanks and sorry again about before!!! Regards Neal....

Hi Guys

Thanks for your help, i apologise for ignorance, but sadly i am not very electrically mided, will neals's 99 radio work in my 99 lexus is200 navigator? If it will i will be very interested in taking that off your hands....

Thanks guys

Ashok