Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Pod

I was reading on (I think) the American LOC site about using an ipod in the IS200. Connecting it to the in car stereo by putting something in the cassette player.

Does anyone know if its possible to connect an ipod to the IS200 stereo in the UK?

If so what equipment would be needed?

Thanks,

Adie

Any old Tape adapter will work. it was how I connected my PC to my car stereo.

its not the best method

but it is the easiest and I think it sounds much better than any of the FM boxes

Thanks Brett,

Do you know where i could pick one up from? Do they connect in to the headphone port on the ipod or the other port (cant remember what its called)? Fire wire or something maybe? :yawn:

I see that they're all american products. Would they still work on UK ipods and the UK IS? It also seems that the FM cassette thingy is illegal in the UK anyway.

Would definately like the latter product B)

Yeah they should work, I have the iTrip from the US and it works without a problem :)

That tape sounds cool though, amazing how simple that remote control idea is but no-one's ever done it before!!

i have been looking into conecting my ipod to my car for the last 6 months!

i bought an itrip and connected it that way, but as it is going via radio frequency the quality is not as good as it can be! i have now purchased a product from dension, its a small dock that the ipod sits into and connects directly to your headunit via cable so is top quality.

These are available for standard and aftermarket units!!!! not to sure about the IS, as i have a kenwood unit!

......or even better, if you are using a alpine head unit, they now sell leads that allow the ipod/mini to be connected via cable! this is the best one as it can skip song, and albums! meaning that the ipod can be mounted out of site ie. glovebox etc.

i have just finished a custom pod ipod dension link, will post pictures hopefully tonight!

Jason