Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Is The Std Immobiliser On The Is200

Wosket

just need to know what type of immobiliser is fitted to the IS200 for my insurance, had a look on the lexus site but it just states immobiliser with no other information so just wondering if its thatcham 1, 2 or something else?

great stuff, thanks marshy, so looking at the PDF its a category 2 immobiliser.

so u should get your insurance a bit cheaper jim if you tell them its a CAT 2

ur right, im being stupid, durrrrrr!!!!!!!

all i needed was for it to be CAT 2 anyway so im happy, i can tick the manufacture fitted box now instead of providing a certificate of fitment.

all i did was get new insurance and i've ended up in a world of knowledge where alarms, immobilisers and cats are corncerned.

i feel much more educated now fellas, ta!

not disputing what your saying colin but i always thought cat1 always had to set itself if left unattended with no key's in it

the whole CAT1 system doesn't have to arm, only the immobiliser part.

I think the Lexus CAT1 system uses the CAT2 immobiliser as part of the system. Therefore if you could remove the CAT2 device the alarm wouldn't be compliant - if that makes sense :duh: However you cannot remove the CAT2 immobiliser because part of it is built into the engine ECU.

The immobiliser arms as soon as the key is removed from the ignition so it does passively arm

I thought something similar but isn't it more along the lines of the car has to lock again if you unlock it and then don't open any doors within say 30 - 60 seconds as the IS does do that...

My Megane did that too with a Cat 1, didn't autolock though if I just got out and walked away for a bit...

Insurance companies should know what is fitted as standard to vehicles. Instead ask the owner and hope they don't know so then can charge more  :angry:

to be fair the nice lady at adrian flux did say she was 99% certain that the IS200 did have a CAT2 immobiliser as my policy was subject to the car having one, but i just wanted to check and its all been sorted now. they were nearly £500 cheaper than previous quotes and my renewal, and with all mods declared. LOC gold discount too :whistling:

I shall further enhance your knowledge whether you need to know or not

Lexus IS200 are fitted standard with a Thathcam Category 1 Combined alarm and immobiliser

It has full perimetric and volumetric detection with a Battery back up. It has a microwave alarm sensor and anitgrab/scan remote control which sets the alarm and immobiliser. Removing the key only, sets the transponder immobiliser.

A Category 2 immobiliser does not have an alarm.

I think that about covers it........