Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

People Can't Park !

MrADeveci

will speak to the guys at the body shop i texted u at. they only do luxury cars but im friends with the owner and the sprayer. will come back perfect.

as for lexus, well they said that to repair my rear bumper would be £880 with a new this that and the other after somone knocked it.

turns out all that was needed was the plastic clip being re-fixed! no cost at all. so dont trust em!!!

i reckon if you just want part of the bumper sprayed it will be about £80 at the most. may even do the whole bumper for that

You might want to try www.xclusiveuk.com its in park royal/wembley.

Tell them hetal or purvesh (hets cousin) recommended you..

What sort of price are we talking mate ? (roughly)

@ Chris ....... i'll get the number from you too mate ... nothing wrong with shopping around !

ouch - feel for you mate, thats awful :(

take it to Lexus for a quote if you like, but take a chair for when they give you the quote mate  :crybaby:

find a decent local bodyshop (I know a great one in Liverpool :blush: ) - there are plenty of Londoners on the boards, I'm sure you'll get some recommendations.

Well thanks to everyone so far ...... I am getting a few recommendations .... gonna pop into lexus in the morning ... see what they say ! - and If i'll be needing that chair or not ! :crying:

You might want to try www.xclusiveuk.com its in park royal/wembley.

Tell them hetal or purvesh (hets cousin) recommended you..

What sort of price are we talking mate ? (roughly)

@ Chris ....... i'll get the number from you too mate ... nothing wrong with shopping around !

I think roughly £80 mate..

I think it would be cheaper if you don't need a courtesy car or something.

Or you could drive without a bumper, or is that illegal.. ;)

C***SAWAY and the other "paint magicians" are a waste of money. Had a bumper scuff on my IS300, the guy charged me 80 quid and did a ***** job. Admitted it wasn't anywhere near perfect but asked what did I expect at the price. Took it to a local bodyshop in Nottingham, they quoted 250 quid and brought the whole bumper back like new.

Ever heard the phrase containing the words "peanuts" and "monkeys"?

Thats a bad scratch that.... at least you didnt do what I did over Xmas...

Car was filthy (which is how I like my women, but not my car) so I decided to gove it a wash whilst at the parents house. I bought them a jet wash when I was last there so thought I would use that... had a look for it (no one was home to ask!) and couldnt find it, so went to the local garage and chanced the jet wash there. Jetted off the kak etc, went to use the brush and gave it a good check with my hand first to see if there was any kak in it, seemed OK. Did the whole car over, fine - even checked for any daft scratches, couldnt find any (was still wet).

Went out the next day in the clean car, pulled up in B&Q and looked at the o/s rear quarter, 4 scratches (parallel arcs).... blamed the postie planned a dawn suprise for him to have a go about scratching the car....

15 mins later I had calmed down and also noticed a deeper scratch on the bonnet. Looked closer at the o/s rear quarter scratches and deduced that I must have picked up some grit off the wheel and proceeded to clean that part of the car with it.. (dito for the bonnet as the scratch is near the n/s fron wheel).

Well brassed off... but at least I managed to not scratch it within the first week like I did jet washing my last new motor! You'd think I would learn !

I know it's heart breaking to find the scratch, but at least it wasnt your own stupidity that caused it.... and to top it all off, when I got back from B&Q I found the jet wash I had bought my Dad so all could have been avoided....

I havent cleaned the car since, cant face looking at the scratches!!!

(can we get a group buy on scratch repairs ? :) )

Jetted off the kak etc, went to use the brush and gave it a good check with my hand first to see if there was any kak in it, seemed OK.  Did the whole car over, fine - even checked for any daft scratches, couldnt find any (was still wet). 

You should do what I do mate, when I'm in that situation - use the jet to 'jet' everything off, and use a sponge and bucket from home to go over the car with!

Don't let the brush anywhere near it - I fill the bucket up with the hot soap that comes out of it.. and wash away..

:)

nope my bumper is all shiny no orange peel i know wat u mean though cuz on my old car the other body shop done it a nd got a bit of prnage peel effect on the roof

more than welcome to inspect my bumper

if not give them a call they do bmws and mercs all day long and i wouldnt use them if they were cr*p number is 01227280002

tell them i told ya to call!!!

def dont use an instant scratch man!!! my bumper looks like ***** at the back and the front where the poor quality and localised painting has gone bad. there is no replacement for a propper job.

im having to have the whole front and rear bumpers re sprayed once i get my bodykit.

call me up and i will get u the number and tell ya where ya gotta go.

i called em already and they said they will be happy to look at it and even more happy to do the work

Thanks again guys ........ I rang Lexus .... and I'm going there on Monday .... so they can just give me a rough idea of how much it will cost .........

then I can ring others .......... been really busy @ work, so I haven't had any chance to ring anyone else .. or get qoutes !

Will post asap !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links