Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

People Can't Park !

MrADeveci

Why is it .... where ever I park my car .... I'm always careful, as I have had the lext hit once already in a bloody car park !!!!!

In a VERY BIG car park ....... right next to a ZIG ZAG of the pedetrian crossing ...... so TECHINCALLY !! - no one should be able to park behind me !!!!

I come back to my car some what several hours later to find about six(6) 30cm scratches on the corner of my bumper, where some idiot has parallel parked behind me and obviously hit me either getting in - or out !!!!!!!!

bumper_scratch.jpg

I went to my local car wash , and they t-cut out most of the non deep scratch's but I still have along 30 cm deep scratch, and a few smaller ones !!!!!!

Any idea please ? help ..... what shall i do ? ... anyone know of anyone who can just touch it up ? or am i going to have to get the whole rear bumper resprayed !!!!!

Thanks ! :angry::angry:

Ouch... Try parking outside of carparks!  :tomato:

Sorry, couldnt resist, really feel for you.

Good luck getting it sorted though.

Stuart

Stuart, this car park isn't a normal car park .... which makes it worse !!!

It was in the Hendon Police Training College car park !!!!!!!!

So it must have been some courier driver or a delivery driver of some sort !!!!! :angry:

No CCTV or anything????? Got to be worth a try... Nail one of these most anoying muppets before they do it again!!!!!

Stuart

Unfortunatley, no CCTV - asked at the reception, and funny enough, no one left there details either .... :angry:

i hate it when things like that happen, makes you mad!!!!

shouldnt cost too much to get sorted tho mate, should be able to get the whole bumper done for less than a ton.

Ouch... Try parking outside of carparks!   :tomato:

Sorry, couldnt resist, really feel for you.

Good luck getting it sorted though.

Stuart

Stuart, this car park isn't a normal car park .... which makes it worse !!!

It was in the Hendon Police Training College car park !!!!!!!!

So it must have been some courier driver or a delivery driver of some sort !!!!! :angry:

Hope it wasnt a police driver that couldnt park or assume that because its a Lex it's not another officer's car :whistling:

Things I hate about the Lex (only a few):

1. PARKING IT SAFELY

2. PARKING IT WHERE I CAN SEE IT

3. PARKING IT AWAY FROM POTENTIONL PROBLEMS!

4. DRIVING IN SNOW

5. FUEL

Sorry to hear your news. Recently I've had to park in some dodgy areas and so far been ok - but this shouldn't happend is the Hendon Police Training Car Park!! :(

My local Bodyshop can respray the whole bumper for £85. Sure you will find something similar.

Someone did the same to my rear bumper - must be a theme going on here - tried our site CCTV but nothing showed - only placed I'd parked since polishing it so knew it was done there - really p!sses me off - still got to get it fixed - let us know how you get on ...

Why is it .... where ever I park my car .... I'm always careful, as I have had the lext hit once already in a bloody car park !!!!!

In a VERY BIG car park ....... right next to a ZIG ZAG of the pedetrian crossing ...... so TECHINCALLY !! - no one should be able to park behind me !!!!

I come back to my car some what several hours later to find about six(6) 30cm scratches on the corner of my bumper, where some idiot has parallel parked behind me and obviously hit me either getting in - or out !!!!!!!!

bumper_scratch.jpg

I went to my local car wash , and they t-cut out most of the non deep scratch's but I still have along 30 cm deep scratch, and a few smaller ones !!!!!!

Any idea please ? help ..... what shall i do ? ... anyone know of anyone who can just touch it up ? or am i going to have to get the whole rear bumper resprayed !!!!!

Thanks !  :angry:  :angry:

I hate when this happens , i have just had a scratch like that too , it pisses me off, it is unlucky mate !!

For the minimal difference between chipsaway and bodyshop, and the quality of work between the 2, I' say take it to a bodyshop..

Chipsaway work is only as good as the technician who does it. At least in a bodyshop you can get it done in a proper environment - I'm not too keen on 'out in the open' spraying, especially with the recent weather! :huh:

Only my own opinion mind you :D Good luck with it..

i had the same prob as u but with my front bumper excpet i see the person do it and i was on a top floor of a building to far to cath his number plate some pxy lil silver saxo i tried running down the stairs but to slow

i didnt wate my tiem with chip repair companys jsut took it to the bloke i use and got him to spray whole front bumper 80 quid so i had a result

Ben, is it like a mirror finish - i.e. they colour sanded it.

Or it is quite orange peely? - which is often the finish on repairs.

The reason I ask, is because the rear bumper is quite big, and can take a fair amount of work and prep to get right..

I fel for you buddy, happened to me to not so long ago. Infact it was only yesturday I saw a driver perform a parrallel park in to a already tight space and just continued to reverse into a A class merc and upon hitting the merc proceeded to pull forward. Got out as if nothing had happened and walked away. If I had not been at work I would have told the driver to inform the owner of the merc.

Its disgusting the way other motorists treat other peoples property.

:yack:

This is pants guys, always a bummer to hear of other people's lack of respect for other's property..

I hate leaving my car ina car park anywhere, it got bashed in at a Safeway car park last year and it's still not fully sorted, really need a new door skin which is a joke, they never even left a note for that either :(

Hope you both get everything sorted soon anyway, think my bumper respray was about 150 at Lexus? Not sure of the exact figure as they also refitted everything and sprayed...

i had the same prob as u but with my front bumper excpet i see the person do it and i was on a top floor of a building to far to cath his number plate some pxy lil silver saxo i tried running down the stairs but to slow

i didnt wate my tiem with chip repair companys jsut took it to the bloke i use and got him to spray whole front bumper 80 quid so i had a result

Don't know whats worse, you saw the trev in the Saxo or Scarface not knowing what happened exactly....... I think knowing is worse. Im still left with a penny dint in my arch from a dosile woman!! :blink: Not good!!!

I'm going to pop into Lexus Woodford tommorrow, and see what they qoute me ......... hopefully it's not something ridiculous .... if it is - then I'll hav to try anothether alternative,

but I really don't want a crap job being done ! :crybaby:

if u fancy a drive upto manchester mate i can get the whole bumper done for £85, painted to lexus standards too. bit far tho really!

Thanks mate, but the cost in petrol - etc, there and back, would probably work out the same down here ...... :blink:

try and find out who ur locdal dealer use for repairs, even tho my dealership has a bodyshop they sub contract a lot of work to a local bodyshop. i found out which bodyshop and went there direct cutting out the lump of cash lexus add on.

try and find out who ur locdal dealer use for repairs, even tho my dealership has a bodyshop they sub contract a lot of work to a local bodyshop. i found out which bodyshop and went there direct cutting out the lump of cash lexus add on.

My dealer has there own odyshop now, at a different location ........ don't know exactly where it is though .... he told me ... but it's like , in an industrial estate !!