Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger - Compressor

Adie

Hi

I've been reading the posts regarding the deals from prolex and Tdi about superchargers and compressor kits. They both seem to be about the same price to purchase and install.

Can anyone please tell me the difference between the two?

I have a standard IS200 S and want to increase the performance. I've heard about getting it supercharged will add about 70bhp? Then induction kit new exhaust etc etc etc.

Can someone please tell me best way to increase the performance dramatically and then i will probably add to that in the future?

Thanks,

Adie

a supercharger and a compressor are the same thing.

It is definately a good way of increasing the power. i am well happy since i got mine.

if you can live with the increased noise then go for the induction kit. as it is LOUD

yes the induction kit is loud as the standard TTE airbox is lined with sound deadening material, as for performance gains , the tdi induction kit if a moulded piece of silicone tube with a filter on the end and costs......... £205 plus vat so £217

i dont think that gains are known but as with any induction kit it will be quite minimal

Thanks fluff!  So the only real advantage of having the induction kit fitted to the s/c is the gggggrrrrrrrrowl it gives from the engine?  :devil:

allows a more free flow, the standard air box struggles at high revs to get enough air through

also lets you choose which filter you want to use, with the choice of many top end high flow filters available :)

Do you need the clutch relocation kit with supercharger if you don't get a induction kit fitted? If so how much are these? Do many people go for these?

Soz for all the questions should be getting the s/c fitted soon and want it to be right first time, rather than multiple visits to the garage.

Wife keeps calling me a "LOC nerd" for all the questions I'm asking :o

Do you need the clutch relocation kit with supercharger if you don't get a induction kit fitted?  If so how much are these?  Do many people go for these?

Soz for all the questions should be getting the s/c fitted soon and want it to be right first time, rather than multiple visits to the garage.

Wife keeps calling me a "LOC nerd" for all the questions I'm asking  :o

yes and prolex are gettin some. :)

Hi all

I would think an induction kit would do naught for performance...

the standard box has been constructed to eliminate the chargers high pitched sound, :shutit:

but also has a short straight inlett pipe meaning its more efficient.

Best bet would be to a free flow filter element,K&N do one as I have one

fitted.

Cheers:Graham

I have been in contact with my insuracnce ( Direct Line) with regards to how my premium would be affected if i was to get my IS supercharged. They asked about increase of something or other, I think performance ( couldn't really understand what they were saying).

I told them increase is 20% - 30% Is this correct??

Now thinking about it i think i remember seeing somewhere the increase is 33% ???

Thanks for any help

Adie

I have been in contact with my insuracnce ( Direct Line) with regards to how my premium would be affected if i was to get my IS supercharged. They asked about increase of something or other, I think performance ( couldn't really understand what they were saying).

I told them increase is 20% - 30%  Is this correct??

Now thinking about it i think i remember seeing somewhere the increase is 33% ???

Thanks for any help

Adie

Its a standard IS at the moment by the way

Hi all

I would think an induction kit would do naught for performance...

the standard box has been constructed to eliminate  the chargers high pitched sound, :shutit:

but also has a short straight inlett pipe meaning its more efficient.

Best bet would be to a free flow filter element,K&N do one as I have one

fitted.

Cheers:Graham

Do those K & N filter replacements (goes into the standard box) make any difference to the sound of the engine ?

I wouldn't mind getting one of those filters .... but don't want it to sound like a nova !!

So from this info...when I get my supercharger fitted I NEED to either fit a induction kit or relocation kit as well :o ....but the best option would be a KN air filter with the relocation kit? Any idea on a rough price for a relocation kit?

Add77 - my insurance will go up from around 900 to 1400 with the s/c fitted so you could probably work out an approx for yours from this :wacko:

Thanks Colin I'm finally getting my head around this!

One last question (hopefully)...By combining the reservoirs would this cause any future problems, thus making it beneficial to go for the clutch relocation kit sooner rather than later?

So from this info...when I get my supercharger fitted I NEED to either fit a induction kit or relocation kit as well  :o ....but the best option would be a KN air filter with the relocation kit?  Any idea on a rough price for a relocation kit?

Add77 - my insurance will go up from around 900 to 1400 with the s/c fitted so you could probably work out an approx for yours from this :wacko:

Insurance = 20% - 30% increase in performance = £137.14

30% - 40% increase in performance = £174.30

Quoted from direct line which is why i need to know which bracket the percentage increase is in. If its 30% - 40% my premium would be £863.88 Also with full breakdown cover. I'm 27