Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ebay Game?

bitonw

hi,

for sale a Lexus IS 200 Nav Auto etc etc with a strange seller / buyer...

the first ad was this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

and intersatguru bought the car with one bid. this intersatguru is not on eBay any more...

than just 2 days later again on eBay for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4519876989&rd=1

but this time with no information about the dent on the back, the big 100k service where the cam/timing belt should be replaced...

he needs to sell this car to support his house. but if you look on his id he's buying things from eBay... :question:

i think that the id intersatguru was from him self just to try to start it... also 4 previous owners within 5 years is quite a lot.

i am looking to change my merc 190e 2.0 auto for a lexus is200 se auto for some time but i don't trust this guy.

some points

1 - L3X plates are £250 - a bunch of us on here have them. You should also be aware that the plate is illegal (spacing and font).

2 - There is no suspension difference with an SE model. Laters sports modewls (2001 onwards I think) had slightly lowered suspension (-15mm).

3 - That specification is just standard specificarion for an IS200. You do get a an excellent spec with the car as standard - just don't think this car has any sort of "special" kit you wont get on any other IS.

@Matthew_McNally,

thanks for that. i am still a bit scary if a car had so many owners in a sort time.

i test drove this morning a is200 se auto from april 2000. it drove fine. had a bit of vibration in the steering but will be fixed if i buy it. i drove an 2004 (lexus bristol) last week and yes, nice leather odour since the car was almost brand new...

• 2 weeks later...

Have just asked them exactly whats going on

We have been discussing this item over on the Lexus Owners Club (www.lexusownersclub.co.uk).

Can you explain the history / relisting of this vehicle?

Seems to us that the car was first listed as item number 4517296210.

This auction ended 12/01/2005, with ebayer "intersatguru" winning with a bid of £6,500.

It was then relisted 14/01/2005, item number 4519876989. This auction ended 21/01/2005, with ebayer "roysippy" winning with a bid of £6,000.

Now it has been relisted again, 1 day after "roysippy" won the auction.

I would like to know why this is happening before I make any bids

Have just asked them exactly whats going on
We have been discussing this item over on the Lexus Owners Club (www.lexusownersclub.co.uk).

Can you explain the history / relisting of this vehicle?

Seems to us that the car was first listed as item number 4517296210.

This auction ended 12/01/2005, with ebayer "intersatguru" winning with a bid of £6,500.

It was then relisted 14/01/2005, item number 4519876989. This auction ended 21/01/2005, with ebayer "roysippy" winning with a bid of £6,000.

Now it has been relisted again, 1 day after "roysippy" won the auction.

I would like to know why this is happening before I make any bids

Their reply

CAR NOW SOLD!!!

eBay auction is still open though :whistling: