Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

15bhp For £9.70 ? - On Ebay!

MrADeveci

if thats all it is then surely they can't sell it stating that it gives an improved performance figure, thats whats more commonly known as fraud, and can be reported to trading standards.

Stu

Basically tells the ECU that it's cold so you run rich - I dunno how they figure out that it'll increase your mpg though!

If you dyno your car you get better results on a cold day... and that's free!

It will alter the fueling and maybe timing so performance will change.

But will that ever push an extra 15bhp - or is that just a gimmick ?

May well reduce power on a Toyota as they run rich anyway. It would also have little effect in the winter when it is cold anyway.

Basically tells the ECU that it's cold so you run rich - I dunno how they figure out that it'll increase your mpg though!

If you dyno your car you get better results on a cold day... and that's free!

yep, think of it as driving everywhere with the 'choke out' (for those of us that can remember manual chokes!)

As well as being utter rubbish, it will also probably burn out your O2 Sensor..

sounds like a real crosk of s**t to me, and in my book warrants a phone call to trading standards, as none of this will be mentionned in the advert on ebay.

Stu

This is a problem brought on by the combination of the Lax Power culture and E-Bay...

To be honest, it isnt a problem just in cars and modifications, i'm sure we've all seen the 'buy a new nokia for £4.99' and right at the bottom its a link to where you can buy it...

Yep, its total garbage. All it is is a simple resister which gives a richer mixture, and you will cause irreversible damage if used all the time. Dont do it for goodness sake. They work well on something old like a Ford V6 Cologne 2.8i with the Bosch K-Jetronic Fuel Injection but not on something complex like ours.

Leave it alone. Like Zee Says - Have a Macky-D instead :winky: