Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mitsubishi L200, Shogun Sport Or Grand Cherokee

lexi1

All right peeps.

Due to my ever expanding family looks like the lex will have to go soon. Gutted :unsure: but needs must. Could live with the the space inside the car but the boot has let me down on countless occasions and with my third child on the way it just is'nt going to be practical anymore. I am looking for something bigger but i would also like to keep some of the luxury i have now gotten used to. I have 3 potential 4x4s in mind. Firstly the Jeep Grand Cherokee, very nice inside and out, Secondly the Mitsubishi Shogun Sport, again very nice inside and out and thirdly suprisingly i have taken a likeing to the Mitsubishi l200 pick up after checking out a couple today in black with the rear cab attached and leather trim. The l200 pickup has awesome space in the back and would take all the prams, bikes, shopping etc that you throw at it. Does anyone have any thoughts or advise on any of the three above or any thing else might consider.

Also as i said the IS will have to go. Imaculate condition Sport with styling kit, registered Dec 1999 V. Black in colour, 58,000 miles. Full lexus history although the 60k is now due. 11 mths mot, 6mths tax, roof lip spoiler, front and rear light covers, gold badges, exhaust and wheel caps, Illuminated scuffs. See my garage for pics and full spec. The only flaw with the car is i cannot get reception on the radio, worked initially and then nothing but hiss, the cd works fine so it has'nt really bothered me. How much should i be looking for roughly.

I know a few people with 4x4's and they have not been impressed with reliability of Jeeps in general. THe shogun on the other hand is extremly good and I did think about one before the Lex. I have been in the Mitsu pick up and have to say it is a tough decision between which I would choose. At the moment I would say go for the pickup they look like fun.

ive had shogun lwb petrol, dont get petrol you will allways be filling it up :lol: very nice smooth car with lots of room for my kids, kids loved it to bits, got rid coz it cost to much to run :crying: i even took it off road to, had lot of fun in it but had to go :ph34r:

My mother has a jeep cherokee ran it through a small ford (wet one not the car type) and it ingested a little water and broke the engine.....it needed a new one which took about 2 months to get sorted... the only plus to it is she says its great for towing her horse box and is also pretty good in bad weather snow ice etc.

Nick

Thanks for your responses so far fellas. All though it was in my opinion the most refined with nice looks, from what your saying it would be best to scrap the jeep idea. I will take a look at the nissan patrol, have seen some nissan navara pick ups and they dont seem so refined as the mitsubishi equivalent.

What about the toyota landcruiser colarado they are a very good 4x4 ,go for the vx and you get leather etc .stay away from jeep as everyone else has said they are unreliable and the earlier models suffered with electrical probs.i like the misti warrior pick up thing only down side is things like shopping etc as the back is open and they look pants with the truckman top type thing on .

The jeep also has a very low re-sale value, they seem to lose more money than most vehicles.

If you go for the Shogun go for the 2.8 engine I know with the jap versions of the 2.5 that they are very underpowered.

have seen some nissan navara pick ups and they dont seem so refined as the mitsubishi equivalent.

Having driven both L200 and Nissan Navara double cab pickups, I would have to say that I think that I would prefer to drive the Nissan regularly as it is more comfortable and car-like and seems to go better. I think that the L200 looks better though.