Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mr/Ms Jones,

The telephone central unit is built in in the trunk (see other photos in this forum). In this unit the SIM-card needs to be put in. So not in the phone in the armrest. And also you need to have a big sim-card, the card used in your regular mobile (just a small golded piece) is too small. A big SIM-card can be bought (well here in Holland it can, so i assume it aslo is available in UK)

This descripton is about my own built in phone (Motorola) in a 95 LS400...hope you are helped with it...

Greets, peedy J

• 2 months later...

Hi all

I have just bought a LS400 year 2000. The Reg is V400 LEX :D ,i cant find a phone in mine . has someone nicked it or am i missing somthing. I also have a function switch on the steering wheel. what will that do ??.

I just got the car today so its a ll a bit new.

Sat Nav?? can i put destinations into amemory as i could with my BMW. or do i have to reenter them every time ??

The wife and i went out for a spin in our new baby. she hit a curb ~+!# :crybaby: #####.

not too bad but , she has to go.

Love the sounds in this car , much better than the BM or the Merc.

any help or tips will be great .

,i cant find a phone in mine . has someone nicked it or am i missing somthing.

Nope a mobile is not standard.

I also have a function switch on the steering wheel. what will that do ??.

If it's what I think it is, it's for the trip computer.

can i put destinations into amemory as i could with my BMW. or do i have to reenter them every time ??

No. You can save them as "marked poiints".

Love the sounds in this car , much better than the BM or the Merc.

If you've got sounds in the car there's something wrong.

Thanks Flotsam

Looks like I will have to get Bluetooth installed for the phone.

Sounds lol, well i was listening to Diana Krall and it was as if she were there. Im sure i will have a great time finding all the good stuff, looks like someone has nicked the tool kit as the place in the boot is empty.

all the best

Well, another convert.

The first couple of weeks of ownership is good fun. As you say, it takes a while to find all the toys. The Sat Nav will remember the last 10 towns that you have entered but otherwise its down to setting them as marked points.

The Hi-Fi is better than most and especially so with CDs. The function button on the wheel changes the readout of the trip computer on the bottom of the instruments. We generally leave ours on average consumption but its there to be played with.

Sorry to hear that your tool kit is missing. You should really get hold of the user manual too. Its quite a good read and some of the translations are a good laugh.

Enjoy the car. It gets better the more you use it.

Just got a 99 LS400 and it has a cellular phone in the centre armrest. Anyone know how I get it working? what sort of sim card does it take? Mr 'orange' sim card seems to small?

They take the large credit card size ones I think. I can send you the template if that would help? looks like;