Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Been Car Jacked!

MrADeveci

A few of my works mate ... just left my house ....

Apparently ... mine was the 2nd lexus to be car jacked from that same car park today !!!!!!!!!!!

So - ALL please BE CAREFUL

Sorry to hear this mate :crybaby::crybaby: glad your ok - what time of day was this?? i better becareful im around them ways quite abit....

hope insurance is sorted soon

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear this :crybaby:  :crybaby: glad your ok - what time of day was this?? i better becareful im around them ways quite abit....

hope insurance is sorted soon

It happened at 4.20pm !!! - Broad Daylight ......

Just an update ........

I went to the hospital yesterday ....... and have been informed that I have a few torn ligament tissues in my left hand .... across my knuckles ........

Could take up to 2 weeks to heal ......... a bummer considering i'm Left handed !!!

So sorry to hear your bad new, not much i can add other than your alive, its a sad sign of the times ,but people have lost their lives for less.

Hope you injuries heal up okay .

Bob.

G*d d*mn it.... that sounds bad mate.

Never heard something like that here. :ohmy:

Didn't you have any chance to kick one of those a :tsktsk: :tsktsk: es??

Must have been happened really quick to pull u out of car, grab keys, get into the car and start....

Good to hear U R OK, and let's hope you will get your car back. :yawn:

Never heard something like that here.  :ohmy:

Didn't you have any chance to kick one of those a  :tsktsk:  :tsktsk:  es??

Must have been happened really quick to pull u out of car, grab keys, get into the car and start....

Good to hear U R OK, and let's hope you will get your car back.  :yawn:

Mate - it all happened in a split second ........ it was like it was surreal .. and jsut wasn't happening .. it took me a split second to even realise that the guy was in my drivers seat, and starting my car up !!!!

My car .... I don't think I want them to find it now anymore ..... who would want it back ?

Never heard something like that here.  :ohmy:

Didn't you have any chance to kick one of those a  :tsktsk:  :tsktsk:  es??

Good to hear U R OK, and let's hope you will get your car back.  :yawn:

Mate - it all happened in a split second ........ it was like it was surreal .. and jsut wasn't happening .. it took me a split second to even realise that the guy was in my drivers seat, and starting my car up !!!!

My car .... I don't think I want them to find it now anymore ..... who would want it back ?

And also no chance to get a deal with the insurance agency :question::question::crybaby:

My sister's car was stolen once in Vienna (Austria). :angry:

They found it in the next street again a few days later. :blink:

Anyway best wishes for the best way for you. :winky:

Maybe you can really get a deal with the insurance for a new one or something. :unsure:

Hi Scarface mate,

I am really sorry to hear about what happened- as everyone else has said, the most important thing is that you are ok. A car can be replaced, your health/life can't. I'm sorry to hear about the tendon injury- but as you are young that will hopefully heal up quite well in a little while. Don't try and rush back to work or strenuous activities too quickly, you need your recovery time.

As for the incident, I think there are some very valuable lessons to learn. It provides an arguement for increased security measures, such as a tracker system (if nothing else its a deterrent to all but the most devious theives). I also live in London and I always lock my door as soon as I get into the car, before anything else. Maybe it would be an idea to create a thread/section devoted to driver safety/security to minimise the chances of something like this happening to any of us.

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that the insurance company pays up.

Really sorry to hear about what happened Scarface. What a nightmare... can't agree more with what others have said. There's some crazy people out there.

I only live a few miles around the A406 from Beckton! Things like this extract the whole joy out of driving. Now it's a matter of constantly checking who's around wherever you park, any time of day!

I guess modern day alarm systems are too good, the criminals have to get hold of the keys to take the car... Time to look into some additional security...

Speedy recovery mate,

GG

Hi Scarface mate,

I am really sorry to hear about what happened- as everyone else has said, the most important thing is that you are ok.  A car can be replaced, your health/life can't.  I'm sorry to hear about the tendon injury- but as you are young that will hopefully heal up quite well in a little while.  Don't try and rush back to work or strenuous activities too quickly, you need your recovery time. 

As for the incident, I think there are some very valuable lessons to learn.  It provides an arguement for increased security measures, such as a tracker system (if nothing else its a deterrent to all but the most devious theives).  I also live in London and I always lock my door as soon as I get into the car, before anything else.  Maybe it would be an idea to create a thread/section devoted to driver safety/security to minimise the chances of something like this happening to any of us.

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that the insurance company pays up.

There is a thread in teh GOLD section.

:sad: Sorry to here about your ordeal.It's so annoying when you look after something that you own and some scumbag just thinks 'hey I'll have some of that' and just takes it.although it's been said already'at least your ok!but It doesn't make it Right! :tsktsk:

strong possibilty the car was stolen to order, either for export.........

or for spares........

There is a strong chance of that mate .... as mine was the 2nd one to be stolen in the same day ... same place .... by same means !!

strong possibilty the car was stolen to order, either for export.........

or for spares........

There is a strong chance of that mate .... as mine was the 2nd one to be stolen in the same day ... same place .... by same means !!

Any idea on what happened to other victim or if they were injured?

No idea mate ... but I don't know if anyone here heard ?

Tonight ...... in East Ham ..... which is like 5 - 10 mins away from Beckton .... someone got stabbed, whilst being car jacked again !!

This is starting to get ridiculous now .......... :angry:

Tonight ...... in East Ham ..... which is like 5 - 10 mins away from Beckton .... someone got stabbed, whilst being car jacked again !!

This is starting to get ridiculous now ..........  :angry:

Damn, thats pretty sad. East Ham is not the most pleasant of areas. I think if anyone was to get into a similar situation, just to give up their car and let insurance deal with it. As much as everyone has a right to own what they pay/work for, at the end of the day it could cost you your life- is it really worth dying for?

This is starting to get ridiculous now ..........  :angry:

Damn, thats pretty sad. East Ham is not the most pleasant of areas. I think if anyone was to get into a similar situation, just to give up their car and let insurance deal with it. As much as everyone has a right to own what they pay/work for, at the end of the day it could cost you your life- is it really worth dying for?

Yes - well .... but adrenaline rush ... and the spur of the moment does many wild things to you ..... look @ me ? ... I hung onto the car for about 200 M .. with the drivers door still open ... and have now got torn ligament tissues in my left hand ... for what ? - NOTHING !

And I can't even do the most basic of things properly .. like wash my face ! :angry::angry:

Totally, the adrenaline rush can sometimes save your life but sometimes get you into a heap of trouble. I guess controlling your instincts just comes with experience (whether good or bad). At the end of the day it shouldnt have to come down to it, but society is deteriorating- I think the whole gang/crime culture plays a big part, and films like 'gone in 60 seconds' and GTA probably don't help the situation too much.

I know how you must feel about your hands mate, it can be really frustrating- I see patients every day with similar problems, and even the most simplest of tasks can be a challenge. Thank *** none of your nerves were injured though- that would have been a whole different kettle of fish! Were your extensor tendons or flexor tendons damaged?

Were your extensor tendons or flexor tendons damaged?

That's a little to technical for me.... i can move em up and down .. to a certain extent ... just sideways ... really hurts !!!

Hehe sorry, bad habit! Can you move your wrist up and down and to the sides? And your fingers?

Were your extensor tendons or flexor tendons damaged?

That's a little to technical for me.... i can move em up and down .. to a certain extent ... just sideways ... really hurts !!!

Hehe sorry, bad habit! Can you move your wrist up and down and to the sides? And your fingers?

He might not want to answer that :blush::blush::ohmy:

wrist is fine ....... fingers go up and down ....but are limited ... as it hurts ...

and sideways .... well my second from last finger .. on my left hand ... can'tmove it sideways at all !!! v painfull.