Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Could anybody point me in the right direction for a rear spoiler for my GS?

How much do they cost, how are they fitted (screwed or glued), what types are there and where's the best place to get one from?

Tony.

TTE do two. Have a look on this page. The one on the right is being fitted to the latest GS300 sports.

http://www.tte.de/tuning/website/Accessori...0rear%20spoiler

Both of those can be bonded or taped on.

There is also the bigger spoiler fitted to the GS430 sport, this is bolted on.

TTE do two. Have a look on this page. The one on the right is being fitted to the latest GS300 sports.

http://www.tte.de/tuning/website/Accessori...0rear%20spoiler

Both of those can be bonded or taped on.

There is also the bigger spoiler fitted to the GS430 sport, this is bolted on.

Thanks Colin :winky:

The one I put on my car was a WRX spoiler with brake light.. I got it from ebay and had it resprayed cost me £120 then fitted it myself.. If i could have taken it of the car I would have..lol

craig

Was the glue "too" good Craig! :lol:

Now that would have been ideal for me, being the same colour... :whistling: :winky:

Tony.

Just seen THIS on Ebay. Don't know  what the quality is like but someone on here might know.

Terry

Hmmmm... a bit too "full" for my liking. Is the MK2 boot the same dimention as the Mk1? :huh:

Tony.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am now thinking of a Spoiler. Early stages Since I have little cash to spare at present. However, the factory with the light looks like a good option. Found this US supplier. But what is the difference in price and style of the 2 they do. Not the lip one. The difference FRP ?

http://www.spoilerdepot.com/Catalog.asp?A=...Temp=&idB=89719

Also any known UK suppliers.

Has anyone posted any info in the workshop with pics how to fit to GS300 Mk2.

Any recommendations on the Lip type one.

The only problem with the large spoiler is it covers over the centre brake light which looks a bit odd unless you disable that one.

The GS sports have a different rear shelf installed to remove it completly but that is expensive.

Just been looking at the Lexus Approved Used Cars, the latest 300 Sports are fitted with the lip type. Its only the 430Sports which has the larger one fitted. So if thats the case then may as well go for the Lip one. Plus the hidden light will look odd. But did'nt Mk2 older regs come with the larger types and not the Lip type?

I can see your point, similar to j clarkson talking about his dislike for sport saloon cars, but the long brake LED does look good..........if only we had the same as the US system where the fog lights are used as brake lights......would look even better.....can this wiring be done?

cheers will

Yes I would also like lexus to have a redesign think on the spoilers. Little finely cut, more sleeker, smaller in overall size and neat not so imposing. Seems to me the UK Lip version on the 300 sports is for cosmetics only. Easy for me to say. Lets see what happens with the Mk3. I much preffered the Mk1 Spoiler on the sports. But then many say the Mk1 was a classic in itself.

The fashion police dictate that you have to go for the larger, LED sport '99-2000.........it finishes off the shape and looks bloody good!

I've spoken to a few people who think it's over the top and looks slightly out of place.

I have it on mine - and I'm not overly fond of it.

MKII_GS430_Sport_011.sized.jpg

I would not have specified it separately - or bought it afterwards.

I don't hate it - I'm not thinking of ripping it off or such - but its not something I would have added to the car myself