Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

18" Gs300 Sport Rims

Tron20

Sorry if this has been covered before, have tried searching, I've got a problem with one of my rear 10" wide alloys on my GS300 sport. A couple of days after i bought it i noticed the tyre looked a little flat and took an age to pump back up to 32PSI, when I finished pumping it up i removed the alloy to check for buckling, and found the tyre sidewall was bulging, so got a new tyre fitted at lexus nottingham.

I checked all the pressures in the tyres on the car, and found them to be around 32 or a little more except my new tyre which was at 31 PSI. This sunday I checked the pressure in the same tyre and it was 23 PSI, so i've pumped it back up to 32 psi and checked it again today, and its down to 31 psi again.

I've checked the tyre, and its got no nails, or punctures i can see, and seems to be fitted correctly, the valve itself doesn't appear to be leaking, as i put a drop of water over the valve pin and it didn't blow up into a bubble. Is it possible that these alloys amongst corroding and buckling, can actually crack aswell, have you got any suggestions as to how i can find out where its leaking, don't think i've got a bucket or trough big enough to put my alloy in

Any help would be much appreciated, i'll take it back to lexus sometime this week when i get a chance

Yeah i have checked the tyre off the car, and looked all over it, i can't see anything indicating a leak/puncture.

Also i understand there can be fluctuations in tyre pressures due to temperatures, but all the other tyres have stayed roughly the same, all between 32-33psi, you wouldn't expect a new tyre to lose 9 psi in 4 days

I read a post somewere about the 10" rears cracking ,have just been looking for it but have had no luck .its a lot of pressure to lose out of a new tyre ,i think i would have a new valve fitted and see what happens ,and if it still leaks it has got to be a crack in the alloy

Right guys and gals, i've looked at the alloy and tyre again, and it looks like i'm gonna have to buy a new 10" alloy from somewhere...

Wehn i took the alloy off i rolled it round and checked the tyre, couldn't see anything wrong again, turned it round to look at the inside where the tyre meets the rim, and what do you know there were some bubbles in the rain water on the tyre, looked closely and theres a tiny hairline crack. I'm assuming it would be a very bad idea to drive with the alloy like this, so the 8.5" spare is back on.

Does anyone know where i can get a new 10" alloy from other than lexus themselves. I've seen somewhere that the alloys are made by borbet. Also is there any sort of garuantee against the alloys cracking over their lifetime? I know they buckle, but other than this tiny crack, the alloy is perfect, no buckling, and hardly any corrosion, really annoying because the one on the other side has quite severe corrosion.

again any help would be much appreciated

Paul

They rarley come up for sale secondhand and when they do they fetch megabucks ,also you take a risk buying them as this is a known fault with them ,hence most 300's just have the standard size sport wheels .lexus charge around £400 for a new one .would have thought eBay your best bet seen them on there a few times but always get outbid

Your not wrong mudzs, spoken to lexus earlier, and its appears they want £342 + vat for a new one, up front, working out at £401 inc vat, there must be somewhere else to get hold of these particular alloys.

I'm even weighing up the option of buying an after market set of alloys as its only gonna be around the same price as buying two of those 10" rims. Trouble is I prefer these 10" wide sport rims, really do look good on the car :angry:

i know what you mean i think the 10" rears realy make the car ,would love a pair myself.i think buying an aftermarket set is your best bet ,there are some nice ones out there that resemble the sport alloys and have not got the problems of warping and cracking

Your not wrong mudzs, spoken to lexus earlier, and its appears they want £342 + vat for a new one, up front, working out at £401 inc vat, there must be somewhere else to get hold of these particular alloys.

I'm even weighing up the option of buying an after market set of alloys as its only gonna be around the same price as buying two of those 10" rims. Trouble is I prefer these 10" wide sport rims, really do look good on the car :angry:

why not dent the wheel with a hammer and claim off your insurance mate,bit cheaper i would say. :)

Nice idea besty, could dent it and claim off the council for the speed bumps round here, worth a shot, but might not work.

Colin how much is a gold membership, might be worth joining if i'm likely to get a discount at Inchcape Lexus in Nottingham