Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Midlands Mini Meet

aido

It's been a while since the last mini meet round here and just wondered if anyone's up for it soon?

Maybe the Nottingham / Derby / Chesterfield / Leicester / Stoke area within easy reach of the M1?

Don't really know Notts too well but know that there is adequate parking in Derby at the Wyvern or Meteor Centres and there's a Pizza Hut at one and a boozer at the other!

Anyone new fancy it or will it be all us regulars?

I might even wash my car if it comes about, must be feeling brave!!!

What do you lot reckon, what's easiest, week night or weekend, guessing a weeknight for a few hours would be alright?

So, any takers?

---------------------------------------------

Attendees

Aido

Nick

John (Wosket)

Zee

Ifraz

Gord

Daza

Kazdul (maybe)

Chris (maybe)

SteveL

Ally

Abbie & Hubby (definitely maybe)

Glocken via EMA (maybe)

Anees (taking a sicky ;) )

Edited by aido

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Course it would mate, saw you browsing and that's what made me think of putting this topic up, haven't seen you for ages!

Don't want you racing us and making us look bad though pal :)

Any ideas on venue?

Actually I tell you what, someone was telling me about the hotel of Coulthards near J27, think it's near where Ifraz works, how's about that for a location?

Any ideas on venue?

Actually I tell you what, someone was telling me about the hotel of Coulthards near J27, think it's near where Ifraz works, how's about that for a location?

That probably wouldn't be a bad bet. If you're interested in food though, I think its a bit limited unless you go for a proper meal. We were going to go there for lunch the other day but it didn't have much to offer. Can check the menu out again tomorrow though if you like.

Dunno John, whenever is good for you guys, thinking somewhere easy you and gord could get to as well as the other boys up that way.

See what you mean about the food Nick, just had a look on www.dakotahotels.co.uk and it sounds right dodgy, I thought they'd do burger and chips but it's all posh stuff! Might as well take some Pot Noodles with me!

What's good with you lot?

Guess whatever is the best time and date for everyone is a goer!

I can't do any weekends for a while as I'll either be ****** or working!

I've got nothing much planned at the moment. Would probably prefer an evening during the week, but I'm not bothered either way really.

I promise not to race you Aido! I had it tweaked up in Chesterfield this weekend, so it wouldn't be fair...

Sounds like a weekday is good, guess we want to avoid Mon & Fri due to excessive traffic so probably Tue, Wed or Thu?

Where did you take her Nick? One of the lads at work had his RS4 tweaked in Ches Vegas too, is it the ECU stuff you had done? Bet she flies even more now?

What about the following dates:

25 - 27 Jan

1 - 3 Feb

What's best from that lot for all you guys?

Guess we just need to pick one really, lets see what you guys can do and we'll pick the most popular date..

As for the venue, not so sure now, Dakota bar looks nice but food is a bit strange, anything else you know of round there Nick?

Any of those dates would be fine with me. There isn't really much around junction 27 - might be better to go somewhere closer to Notts or Derby.

Where did you take her Nick? One of the lads at work had his RS4 tweaked in Ches Vegas too, is it the ECU stuff you had done? Bet she flies even more now?

Yeah, had it remapped at a place called JBS Autodesigns. Don't ask me where it was, because I just followed the Sat Nav! I'm well impressed with it at the moment.

Wednesday is good for me :)

Notts or Derby is also good for me :)

Guess possible venues are:

Wyvern - Derby

Meteor Centre - Derby

What's like that in Notts without any silly multi storey car parks or speed bumps as they're my worst nightmware at the moment!

Wednesday is good for me :)

What's like that in Notts without any silly multi storey car parks or speed bumps as they're my worst nightmware at the moment!

I'm happy with Wednesday. I'm not sure about where we could go in Notts. I'll ask Ifraz for some suggestions in the morning.

It's been a while since the last mini meet round here and just wondered if anyone's up for it soon?

Maybe the Nottingham / Derby / Chesterfield / Leicester / Stoke area within easy reach of the M1?

Don't really know Notts too well but know that there is adequate parking in Derby at the Wyvern or Meteor Centres and there's a Pizza Hut at one and a boozer at the other!

Anyone new fancy it or will it be all us regulars?

I might even wash my car if it comes about, must be feeling brave!!!

What do you lot reckon, what's easiest, week night or weekend, guessing a weeknight for a few hours would be alright?

So, any takers?

Id be up for that, would be nice to meet you lads and ladies. Only 30 mins drive for me to. :driving: