Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Installed Alpine Touchscreen Navigation

Don't you end up with a load of fingerprint marks all over a touch screen Nav?  :o

Nice one anyway  :)

Yes you will have lots of fingerprint marks on it, just have to keep it clear all the times..... :D :D :D :D :D

Thats exactly what i'm doing, got a Panasonic combined DVD and Sat Nav unit.

Looking for a nice screen to fit in the motorised oem location.

Looking good though mate!

Wow That looks very cool. Was it a lot of work installing this? How did you do it?

Hardest bit was assembling the housing

Am I missing something or is there some reason why that annoying caution screen is still there?

Wow That looks very cool. Was it a lot of work installing this? How did you do it?

Am I missing something or is there some reason why that annoying caution screen is still there?

That screen appears each time you turn the navigation on, it is in all navigation systems basically protects the manufacturers should you have an accident if the navi sends you down the wrong road eg one way street the wrong way

That screen appears each time you turn the navigation on, it is in all navigation systems basically protects the manufacturers should you have an accident if the navi sends you down the wrong road eg one way street the wrong way

Oh right, thought it was just the lexus one that did it. Does look very nice tho, i'd love to have a touch screen :whistling:

Bet you're pleased. On reflection, I should have gone this way instead of the factory nav....

Yeah, when I see aftermarket ones nicely installed, the extra features they bring makes them so much more appealing

Does look good.

The only problem with the location in the IS is it really isn't designed to be touched - it's too far away from the driver.

Its not that hard. Just a slight stretch. Hoping to add TV tuner and DVD soon once my bank balance recovers

Does look good.

The only problem with the location in the IS is it really isn't designed to be touched - it's too far away from the driver.

Its not that hard. Just a slight stretch. Hoping to add TV tuner and DVD soon once my bank balance recovers

Hey idmax, I was looking at the same unit today...

wots involved in getting this setup? What is there to buy, need to figure out total cost before taking the plunge. Looks Nice!

Does look good.

Hey idmax, I was looking at the same unit today...

wots involved in getting this setup? What is there to buy, need to figure out total cost before taking the plunge. Looks Nice!

You need the Navigation unit (Alpine NVE N099P) the screen (Alpine TME M770) Thats it really rest is installation and of course the Nav Housing. The Alpine bits I paid £1275 and the Nav Housing was purchased froma group member in Germany for £360. I was lucky to get it really.

• 4 years later...

I want to redo a similar setup to this. I did this in my older IS200. I since brought an Audi A4 which was crap so Im back to an IS200. My plan is to have an Alpine W505R double din dvd headunit in place of the standard radio. This will have an Alpine Blackbird navigation system docked in it. Lastly I have a motorised housing which I aquired recently. I just stripped the screen out of it to replace it with a different screen where I can input the signal from my headunit.

The headunit will output the satnav visual into the motorised housing screen.

I was intent on getting an Apine TME M780 screen however after measuring up im finding its going to be too tall, the width is fine. My second solution is to go with an Alpine 6.5 like I did with my previous setup or buy a 7" screen and strip it. What would you guys recommend. Anyone fitted any 7" screens they can recommend?