Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 200 Facia Plates for Stereo

Has anyone found or know of anywhere that you can get Facia Plates for the IS 200 stereo. I want to replace the head unit but am unable unless I can source these.

I have heard that they are available in Japan and the USA but I have been unable to find any - please help

Go and speak to your local audio installer about making one. I have spoken to two in the last week and both said it would be no problem to make one. One said it would be £80 (a bit steep I think) finished in vinyl, and the other (car audio centre, Nottingham) said it would be £55 in fibreglass with either carbon fibre or aluminium finish. That second price also included fitting for the stereo and a standard DIN socket. They also said they would not remove anything that meant that the original stereo could not be refitted when you sell the car.

BTW Mat, you will have to speak louder, I couldn't hear you :rolleyes:

try sqplus. they should probably do one for you. do ace installs and one of the guys owns an IS300 and is a member on the club.

andy- looks like you got a fair bit of bass there mate. so you look like my only competition for bass. i'll get back to you when i get mine done, thinkin of some diamond audio M5'sx2 or maybe 2x diamond audio Hex DADDY subs plus component speakers and 3 genesis amps. depends whether i get some chromes for the car or not. got save some more cash money.....................:(

looks good though andy

The pulled out the factory amp and worked out which inputs were which from the head unit, the factory amp needs to be connected still (on power, not audio) and they soldered RCA's on to it, no noise, pops or anything its fantastic, I really didnt want to lose the stock unit. Graham of Incartoys really knows his Sh.. he's been doing my stuff for years.

here's the wiring (diagram!)

Brown is Ground for all RCA's

Black - Front Left

Blue - Front Right

Red - Rear Right

White - Rear Left

Black- Front Right

Yellow does nowt

Remote on - tricky unless you mess

but you can use the red/yellow with a silver trace to trip a transistorised relay, or you can wire it to your accessory circuit on ignition, it wont power a normal 5 pin relay (we tried) and wont switch the remote on my Phoenix Gold EQ-232 either.

of course if you do this yourself, you may blow everything up! my car is a 99 IS200 sport, the one with the cd slot at the bottom, doubt its different but who knows, no liability accepted by me or Graham of Incartoys.com if you mess it up.

Cheers

Adeyb

still working on the tunes

Originally posted by Playa

try sqplus. they should probably do one for you. do ace installs and one of the guys owns an IS300 and is a member on the club.

andy- looks like you got a fair bit of bass there mate. so you look like my only competition for bass. i'll get back to you when i get mine done, thinkin of some diamond audio M5'sx2 or maybe 2x diamond audio Hex DADDY subs plus component speakers and 3 genesis amps. depends whether i get some chromes for the car or not. got save some more cash money.....................:(

looks good though andy

I'll look forward to seeing your system Playa! Even with this thing coming out about the RCA conversion on the stock unit, I am still going to change the head unit. I want DVD in my car so its got to be done! One thing that really suprises me about the IS though is the number of rattles from the rear of the car even when it is on a moderate volume setting:mad:

these are RCA outputs from the stereo! not inputs into the stereo, if you connected the dension this way, youwould be putting it straight into the amp, and would have no volume control (unless it has its own) unless you bought a switchable pre-amp such as a Rockford Fosgate PA-2 or something

U2U me if you have any prbs

Cheers

Adeyb

• 1 month later...

By the way, after a very prolonged and unsuccessful search for a audio harness for the IS. I would like to share the following... :D

First there is currently no one in the UK that sells these. (Hope I am wrong)

The dash kit and audio wiring harness is available from

Scosche Industries

They are based in the US. They also do a single din fascia kit with a 'pocket' underneath

Anyone who changes their audio unit will either have to rewire the loom or order one of these harnesses...best get one right away!!

Today I had my car rewired bypassing the amp behind the glove box

Whew!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links