Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Depreciation Of Cars With Sat Nav Vs Without

aido

Just wondering if the market still views the cars with Sat Nav as favorable to cars without in the small executive market upwards?

Know I read on here a while ago that cars with Sat Nav are always going to be worth more, it's just that some things I'm looking at car wise are the same price only one has 25k on the clock and no sat nav and the other has sat nav and is at 45k - price wise they're the same......

Does it sound right that the sat nav is worth 20k on the clock?

And as a further recommendation, is the general opinion of the Lexus DVD system very good compared to say TomTom that I and a few friends use? Guess the ability to pipe in extra inputs via Geoff's method is a bonus too.....

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Matt, not a massive difference according to that then, only 3-400 quid difference in total, probably better to go for lower milage then

I would go for full lexus service history and appropriate servicing done - so worry about cars with mileage just above and below a "big" (60k / 100k) service.

I would take an IS with 70k (with the 60k service present) over a 55k model - all other things being equal of course

Definitely Matt, I learnt that the hard way last time as my car was on 54k when I got it and the 60k is a biggy!

They're looking at around the 25k milage mark this time without, another with the DVD satnav but 45k!

What would you do Colin in this situation, take the Lexus sat nav and higher milage or go with the lower milage and no sat nav?

Have to admit I'm swinging towards the no sat nav as you can get good mobile sat nav units when you need them, I don't use it often enough to warrant the extra....

It's just the DVD bit I like the thought of!

What would you do Colin in this situation, take the Lexus sat nav and higher milage or go with the lower milage and no sat nav?

Have to admit I'm swinging towards the no sat nav as you can get good mobile sat nav units when you need them, I don't use it often enough to warrant the extra....

whats the prices / mileage etc of the two cars Aido?

If they were the same price I would probably go for the one with Nav as I don't do many miles so the extra 20k wouldn't matter to me.

If it was a GS then I would defo have the nav as the interior looks so much better and the system does much more than just Nav.

Had Nav on my IS and although it wasn't used very much it was useful on unknown roads as the screen is up high so you can look at it whilst driving to see what bends are coming up etc. (bit like having a WRC navigator in your car) :driving:

jus checked and my car is worth £13550 coz i got sat nav. couldnt put the mileage into it to get exact price coz not a registered paying member on that site

well at least i no how much to advertise it for wen it goes in the autotrader this week/next week

Great prices anyway Aido for the IS300, hell of a lot of depreciation there! I think for future resell Satnav will go down well in an IS300 and besides that it's OEM and not IPAQ installed. You have to admit the OEM looks a million times better than an IPAQ in the car - I have an IPAQ, don't get me wrong I like it a lot but I think factory fitted NAV is better.

Aido - thanks for the quote on the 60k mate! The other thing you have to weigh up is 1) when was the car first registered and what warranty is remaining, 2) on the 54k car doesn't the warranty run out after 60k?

Good luck, wish I was buying an 02 IS300 for £14k!