Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Road Angel

Going to Halfords after work today to get one of these fitted (hopefully).

Spoke to the fitter who said he hasnt put one in an IS before so he wants to have a look at it first. I want it hardwired ie no wires flapping about/using the cigarete lighter!!

Anyone got one fitted or know if there are likely to be any difficulties with fitting? Also, are they any good?!!

Cheers guys.

• 4 weeks later...

Going to Halfords after work today to get one of these fitted (hopefully).

Spoke to the fitter who said he hasnt put one in an IS before so he wants to have a look at it first.  I want it hardwired ie no wires flapping about/using the cigarete lighter!!

Anyone got one fitted or know if there are likely to be any difficulties with fitting?  Also, are they any good?!!

Cheers guys.

Had one fitted for two years now and not one speeding ticket in 25K miles

Just been looking at the Road Traffic Bill and im not so sure anymore!

s17(1) makes "speed assessment equipment detection devices" illegal. A "speed assessment equipment detection device" is defined as "a device the purpose, or one of the purposes, of which is to detect, or interfere with the operation of, equipment used to assess the speed of motor vehicles.”

I would have thought the Road Angel falls within that definition. It certainly does "detect.....equipment used to assess the speed of motor vehicles".

The GPS "detects" the fixed cameras etc and the laser sensor also "detects" mobile laser guns etc.

Now im confused, as I had certainly read somewhere recently that GPS type detectors were to remain legal. Seems to me though that there is no provision for this in the proposed Bill.

Anyone know for sure?

correct - GPS based will still be OK...for now!

The fact it is GPS based makes no difference - the GPS side of things only tells you of your location in relation to fixed sites.

The radar detection part of the device will be illegal.

You will probably find that it will be an offence to USE once of these devices and not POSSESS one and it will be up to the prosecution to prove that the device was ON at the time of use.

I think that should make sense.

The GPS "detects" the fixed cameras etc and the laser sensor also "detects" mobile laser guns etc.

Now im confused, as I had certainly read somewhere recently that GPS type detectors were to remain legal.  Seems to me though that there is no provision for this in the proposed Bill.

Anyone know for sure?

The GPS devices don't "detect" anything, they are merely an indication of possible blackspots according to a database.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links