Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The display of my Pioneer stereo is compeltely scrambled : some segments are missing, others are hardly visible.

Has anybody already experienced this type of problem and if so which part is to be replaced ?

What is the exact reference of the Pioneer stereo installed in GS300 -1999 (model JZS160) (chassis nr : JT153JSG000)

Thanks in advance to let me know at boostart@biz.tiscali.be

""The display of my Pioneer stereo is compeltely scrambled : some segments are missing, others are hardly visible.""

As far as I am aware, it is a common thing on the early Mk.II's. When I bought my 2000 model last October, I had the same problem.

The dealer took the radio out to get whatever serial number from the back, and when he replaced it, all the symbols were working. I have also read that the disconnection and reconnection sometimes fixes it.

In my case, alas, it was not to be. Lasted about 3 days.

So I took it back. He replaced the readout panel.

No complaints about cost, etc., so it can't be that expensive. Gave him the car on the way to work, and picked it up on the way home.

Been working perfect since. (And long may it do so)

Phil.

Thank you Phil. We've already disconnected and reconnected it but without success. So let's go for the swap the display panel.

""The display of my Pioneer stereo is compeltely scrambled : some segments are missing, others are hardly visible.""

As far as I am aware, it is a common thing on the early Mk.II's. When I bought my 2000 model last October, I had the same problem.

The dealer took the radio out to get whatever serial number from the back, and when he replaced it, all the symbols were working. I have also read that the disconnection and reconnection sometimes fixes it.

In my case, alas, it was not to be. Lasted about 3 days.

So I took it back. He replaced the readout panel.

No complaints about cost, etc., so it can't be that expensive. Gave him the car on the way to work, and picked it up on the way home.

Been working perfect since. (And long may it do so)

Phil.