Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Altezza To Import ?

brambles

At the moment I'm living and working in Japan, and will probably buy a used Altezza soon. When I return to UK next year, I will take the car back with me and will sell the car. So my question is, what would be the best Altezza model and Spec to buy so that I won't have trouble selling the car when I return - basically I need to know which Altezza model is the most sought after in the UK ?

any advice would be very welcome !! Thanks.

At the moment I'm living and working in Japan, and will probably buy a used Altezza soon. When I return to UK next year, I will take the car back with me and will sell the car. So my question is, what would be the best Altezza model and Spec to buy so that I won't have trouble selling the car when I return - basically I need to know which Altezza model is the most sought after in the UK ?

any advice would be very welcome !! Thanks.

i think the rs200z is the most common one that people want.

but also make sure you only buy a auto/trip one cos they havent yet got a model report for the manual one avilable yet here.

but if your importing it in a years time they might have one by then, but it might be a risk.

any chance you bring over a supercharger over aswel? :whistling:

thanks for that - RS200Z should be easy to get hold of.

But "model report" - what is that for ? something for the SVA ?

Actually I prefer a manual T/M, and I thought the manual version would be more popular in UK.... but autos are everywhere here, so won't be a problem to buy an auto

thanks for that - RS200Z should be easy to get hold of.

But "model report" - what is that for ? something for the SVA ?

Actually I prefer a manual T/M, and I thought the manual version would be more popular in UK.... but autos are everywhere here, so won't be a problem to buy an auto

yep the model report is need to pass the ESVA

they have changed the rules and the SVA is no more, it is now called ESVA and have added Restrictions.

would suggest getting a TOTALLY STANDARD manual one with low mileage and lots of history with some nice deep dished rims with tons of -ve offset!!

But then buying lots of aftermarket parts like turbo's, induction kits, fmic, all electronic gizmo's, suspension bits, trd/bride bucket seats, full system mufflers, some spare rims (Rays, Gramlights, SSR's, WORK's or similar) and chuck it in the car while you ship it in a secure container...............

Purely because of the model report that requires it to be totally standard when it goes thru the eSVA, once past this - then the fun begins! bolt everything on and you'll have a :tsktsk: of a car and whacking huge bill!

Edited by ColinBarber

I think there is a 210bhp Altezza with F1 shift...this is what I'd buy.

You can give it a try on Gran Turismo 3.

This model is compatible with all the tuning bits up to 600hp. :)

If the model report is available when you are about to come over... i would get that, as it would DEFINATELY be the easiest to sell...

Oli, i would tend to disagree!.... I would bring over a heavily modified car, then strip the aftermarket parts over here and sell them on...

For the simple reason that, he would be able to get a heavily modified car for a lot cheaper, than a standard car and then buying the new parts!

All depends on how technical you are though brambles...

i`ll take those parts off your hands!! :winky:

anything else you wanna know, just give me a shout..

Scott

personally i think the market is falling out of these cars, as has been proved lately, for the cost of purchase and shipping, import duty and VAT, you can now buy a very good condition with FLSH and nav, IS200 sport for less than the price of the Altezza.

ive just took part in the sale of an excellent 1999 is200 sport with mods which sold for £7900

i sold the Altezza with More mods! for £9500

If the model report is available when you are about to come over...  i would get that, as it would DEFINATELY be the easiest to sell...

Oli, i would tend to disagree!....  I would bring over a heavily modified car, then strip the aftermarket parts over here and sell them on...

For the simple reason that, he would be able to get a heavily modified car for a lot cheaper, than a standard car and then buying the new parts!

All depends on how technical you are though brambles...

i`ll take those parts off your hands!! :winky:

anything else you wanna know, just give me a shout..

Scott

Scott......... very valid point! I failed to realise that he wanted to sell the car when he got here. I think it still would be a right pain to return to std when it was over here.

Mat..................I can see your point about the market easing but with certain 'elements' coming into play I would see the market for altezza's pick up over here in the uk, thats my intention and some of the other altezza appreciaters/owners

a lot of advise - thanks..

Actually I'll be able to ship as a personal import and therefore only need the SVA.

So manual or auto doesn't matter. I looked at some cars on a used car website in Japan today (goo.net) and surprisingly most of them have MTM's, not ATM's.

The margins are quite tight when you include the shipping, modifications needed for the SVA and depreciation - even taking into account the cost exemptions being a personal import.

My feeling is that people are not so willing to pay a little less for Japanese import IS200... but would be willing to pay the money for something a bit different i.e. RS200Z. Or am I wrong..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links