Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audi Shoots Itself In The Foot....as Usual

pacemaker

i make no bones at disliking audi

its not their cars that are bad its their pricing which annoys me( plus their stupid advertising)

come on cars costing > £25000 without rear electric windows?

they baost about competative pricing , but thats cos they come with only the bear essantials!

i'm in the market to replace my IS200 so am doing the internet rounds when i came across audis 'competitor comparism check' link and what a laugh i've had

no matter what i put them up against a list pops up showing whats lacking on the audis spec sheet compared to thier competitor plus the cost of adding it and when you do you see how expensive they really are

maybe ive been spoilt with my Lex but i expect an armrest ,electric windows, cruise control,cd player as standard aswell as decent wheels

a fully speced a4 comes in at £30000 with a 1.8t engine!!!

at least BMW now has decent kit as does mercedes who maybe have took a leaf out of lexus' book and all three have a decent grille :whistling: wonder how many sales that will cost audi

ok rant over

Im going to disagree here - mainly because i have been looking at the German manufacturers...

Now, take the 3 series and C class, to get a reasonable specced one, you will have to spend £30k, whereas, the equivlent A4, you can get for £25k...

My point is, yes next to the Lexus, they arent, but compare them like for like with other German brands, and you'll be surprised!

Im going to disagree here - mainly because i have been looking at the German manufacturers...

Now, take the 3 series and C class, to get a reasonable specced one, you will have to spend £30k, whereas, the equivlent A4, you can get for £25k...

My point is, yes next to the Lexus, they arent, but compare them like for like with other German brands, and you'll be surprised!

no, there all over priced

As a recent Lexus owner and not so long ago I was comparing all the German machines and Lexus, Jag etc, and bearing in mind I had a BMW so if anything I was pro BMW, none of them got close to the Lexus.

What the other manufactures do is legalised robery. And the stupid ones let them take advantage of this.

Audis are good cars, but aren't in the same league as Lexus, BMW and even Merc. I would also rank Jag higher to. :tomato:

no, there all over priced

And over here :whistling:

i didnt say they wernt overpriced - i was just saying Audi is less overpriced than BMW or Merc...

i agree that compared to german cars Lexus is extreemly good value

but still think Audi has pricing wrong!

i'm in the market at moment for .. c 180 avangarde sport/ a4 2.0 s line/ bmw 318 sport(new 320)

believe it or not merc is best value £24000 (offer at moment of free upgrade brings it down to £22800)

current 3 series £25800 but prob a disount

new 3 series £26200 no chance of a discount

new a4 £25200

all autos/met paint/leather/nice wheels/cruise

so merc wins but is the oldest, by the way 22800 is retail a further discount of 1800 is on the table for cash sale which bearing in mind i wouldnt get a penny off bmw makes it a whopping £5200 cheaper!!!

in audis defence it is more reasonable with its deisel engines which command an extra 1500 or so compared to mercs 3000

i didnt say they wernt overpriced - i was just saying Audi is less overpriced than BMW or Merc...

i agree that compared to german cars Lexus is extreemly good value

but still think Audi has pricing wrong!

i'm in the market at moment for .. c 180 avangarde sport/ a4 2.0 s line/ bmw 318 sport(new 320)

believe it or not merc is best value £24000 (offer at moment of free upgrade brings it down to £22800)

current 3 series £25800 but prob a disount

new 3 series £26200 no chance of a discount

new a4 £25200

all autos/met paint/leather/nice wheels/cruise

so merc wins but is the oldest, by the way 22800 is retail a further discount of 1800 is on the table for cash sale which bearing in mind i wouldnt get a penny off bmw makes it a whopping £5200 cheaper!!!

in audis defence it is more reasonable with its deisel engines which command an extra 1500 or so compared to mercs 3000

Well, if you're going to get a Merc, which I hope you don't as like Saxo drivers turn into w :tsktsk: kers, and Merc drivers turn into pompas nob heads. To be fair, the new BMW are nasty, and as a BMW fan, is not good. The head designer wants shooting - thier nasty!!

I was at the Petrol staion today (Which is nearly an everyday thing!! lol) and their was a BMW and Merc driver filling up and they did nothing but stare at my car. I could see them from the counter and I knew they were some what intrigued and jealous.

Thats what im talking about, Lexus still grab peoples attention.

Audi/VW are also unreliable, selling cars on reputation that is 10 years out of date.

Well put Colin,

i made that mistake when i sold my ultimately reliable 1994 m reg golf that had only done 55000 miles and bought a brand new 2003 golf 4 motion that was a pile of steaming doggy doo !!

i agree with you Kazdul

lexus still grabs attention and is a car to be proud of driving

i wish the new IS was not as far away but the present deal i have on the table is a good one and the extra wait would mean extra depreciation plus i cant see the new IS being less than £25000

i had the original a4 which wasnt bad and a merc sport which was alot better, big mistake was changing for a bmw which i hated and only kept for 6 months before the Lex which i must admit is best car ive owned for 3 years, longest ever!

I had an A4 for 3 1/2 years (the old shape) as a company car and never had any problems with it, But in fairness new cars are generally reliable anyway.

I've also had a 320d and my rant is having to pay £100 for a CD Player on a car that cost circa £23k! Nuff said I think!

I agree with the comments about Audi, At least a 16K Golf or Passat will have rear electric windows and a trip computer, a 25K Audi A4 doesn't. I recently spec'd up an A4 1.9 Tdi to a reasonable spec (without sat nav etc), just 17" wheels, leather, multi-cd, trip computer, Xenons and the price shot up to £30K. You'll never get that extra back at resale.