Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Small Scratches

SteveL

The last couple of nights with strong winds have left my car feeling like it's been picked on.

I woke yesterday to find next door's wheelbarrow (they're doing some work in their front garden) resting against my rear bumper :o , and this morning i woke to find our wheely bin had taken a quick trip down the drivers side :crying:

Luckily, neither of the incidents have left dents, but they have left small, annoying scratches on the corner of the bumper and driver's door. The scratches aren't very deep, but they are defiantely visible.

I was just wondering what the best method to sort these out would be.............t-cut???.........touch up paint from the dealer???........something else???

Any tips/experiences/techniques from you guys would be much appreciated :)

depends wether it has gone through the paint

if it is still all one colour ,gently t-cut and a decent polish afterwards

if the under coat is on show it will need touching up, can buy paint pens to match the colour or get the touch up paint from lexus

cheers mate

The scratches are through the paint - white is showing through, which i assume is the undercoat (car painting isn't my speciality :unsure: ), so from what you've said, i looks like a trip to the dealer

Thanks again :)

my cars had a similar picking on experience mate, i had bits of rubble all over mine from the strong winds when we lost half our roof!

im gonna get mine polished out by a local bodyshop, might be worth you getting a quote from a local bodyshop too as the dealer will be expensive. if you fancy a trip to manchester i can put you intouch with a decent bodyshop who do work for lexus so everythings always done to a super high standard.

My guess is you're talking about MCR???

Bodyshop might be an idea, although they're isnt a huge amount of damage. I'll have a pop up to the local one later to see what they say. If they're no good, i'll be in touch with you to discuss your option

The winds have been a nightmare for me too!

Car has been full of dust and grim. But luckily no major damage- unlike my mums car!

On Tuesday nights I work late- so my mum had parked her car where mine is usually kept (in a car port) on the driveaway. The wind was so strong that it actually "broke" the carport and it all fell on top of her car!!!! I was so lucky that my car wasn't their or I would have been crying :o :sick:!

Lucky the wood from the roof missed the windows -but it has put a big dent in the rear wing and a few scratches. The numberplate is also bent! LOL - Poor car then got hit by the next door neighbour yesterday! Looks a right mess. :lol:

Gonna try with a touch up stick tomorrow, £4.95 from dealer and see how that goes

Oh, and cheers to whichever mod moved my post to the correct forum. I totally forgot about the 'inside and out' forum. Sorry  :blush:  :tomato:

You might find it may not be through to the primer it may only have scratched the laquer as that goes a sort of white when it is scratched :whistling:

depends wether it has gone through the paint

if it is still all one colour ,gently t-cut and a decent polish afterwards

if the under coat is on show it will need touching up, can buy paint pens to match the colour or get the touch up paint from lexus

Hi

Here in Cardiff we have a mobile scratch repair service called "Chips Away" I think it is a franchise set-up all over the country?. Check it out in your area, he did a first rate job on my bumper matching the paint exactly. I think it cost £80 in total and they come to you! :)