Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I would be most interested to know what improvements owners feel could be made to the RX300.

Personally I would like self locking doors, all switches to be visible without having to search for them, (namely tailgate, fuel release, etc.), a warning light to show the front fog lights are on, and to be able to disable the rear door 'bleep'. I would also like front and rear parking sensors in addition to the rear view camera.

Having owned a SE-L now for 18 months these are my thoughts.

Any other suggestions?

Only one month old but so far I'd like to see the following chnages/improvements:

Rain sensing rear wiper

No 'jerking' of the transmission at low speeds when accelerator pressed again after slowing of vehicle - thread on subject on this site of course

Voice dialing of Bluetooth phone

camera in front as well as rear a la Toyota Corolla Verso

No dimming of rear view mirrors in 'normal' night conditions

Ability to watch DVD's in Sat Nav system when car stationary - Merc's allow this on their system good for when in a car park waiting for the other half to finish shopping

Password protection of phone book

Auto folding of mirrors when vehicle locked

Deactivation of rear electric windows only rather than rear and front passenger windows

Less aggressive cruise control - i.e. don't kick down to increase speed by only 2-3mph when resumed

Well that's all for now. I also remember a similar thread back in September which had some very good suggestions too.

br

D

• 3 months later...
Adjustable armrest that keep your elbows level with the door armrest instead of being lob-sided.

OR IS THIS FANTASY LAND ?

Agree with the other suggestions + 'Hijack' unlocking and speed sensitive central locking.

Thicker steering wheel.

Dial to switch off central air vents.

Tyre pressure warning sensors.

Key programmable settings (seat etc moves dependent on key used)

Better speakers for SE models, in fact upgraded hi-fi as an option without going to SEL.

AND most importantly...an iPOD interface built in.

ooo...and a 3 litre twin turbo diesel (like BMW's 535d with 272bhp)...that would be nice..speed and more mpg !

6 speed gear box would be good, as it would be that once shifted out of "D"...it only goes in the gear you select... 2= 2nd, 3= 3rd etc, not 3 = any of 1st 3 gears etc.

• 1 month later...
Adjustable armrest that keep your elbows level with the door armrest instead of being lob-sided.

OR IS THIS FANTASY LAND ?

As above i said i wished for an adjustable armrest - Whilst being still extremly happy with the mota -

I have developed fluid on my elbow due to amount of long journey driving.

Not painful but i can only put it down to the armrest

Anybody else had this problem.

My GS center consul was very comfy

But the Rx is so hard i reckon its the anwer.

:shutit: SENSIBLE COMMENTS ONLY PLEASE ! :shutit:

I would be most interested to know what improvements owners feel could be made to the RX300.

Personally I would like self locking doors, all switches to be visible without having to search for them, (namely tailgate, fuel release, etc.), a warning light to show the front fog lights are on, and to be able to disable the rear door 'bleep'. I would also like front and rear parking sensors in addition to the rear view camera.

Any other suggestions?

:D Somewhere to put your feet up while your driving.

Any other suggestions?

:D Somewhere to put your feet up while your driving.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

• 7 months later...

Heated front windscreen to defrost.

TV in the Sat Nav

Heated steering wheel

Footrest for left foot.

3D view in Sat Nav like a TomTom

Child lock switch in the front to deactivate when carrying adults and having to play chauffeur by getting out and opening the door for them!

A proper winter pack..defrost front screen,heated wheel,heated washer fluid.remote start from my house! dvd in the sat nav,adjustable arm rests,a cruise control that doesn't shift down every time you go up a slight hill,another 5 miles per gallon

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First post from someone who is seriously considering buying an RX400h. Here's my thoughts on some improvements:

A full power 3.3ltr in the RX400h (Lexus de-tuned this engine for the hybrid compared to the US RX330 power output) or put in the 3.5ltr. If I buy a 400 it will be for its performance and fuel economy.

Bigger wheels, those 18" just don't fill the arches and the handling suffers due to the large tyre side walls. 19" with a 20" option would suffice.

Electronic column gear selector like the new Merc ML or simple dashboard buttons like the Rolls Royce Phantom.

Thicker rimmed steering wheel with back-lit buttons

New speedo dials like the brushed steel ones in the GS.

MP3 connection in the centre console stowage bin. Ditch the cassette player.

Hide the cigarette lighter. Its hideous!

Even lacking the above I still think it has the edge on the competition. I just can't bring myself to buy a diesel or pay the costs of a petrol V8. RX400h it is then... come on Lexus, listen to us before the competition catches up!!

First post from someone who is seriously considering buying an RX400h. Here's my thoughts on some improvements:

A full power 3.3ltr in the RX400h (Lexus de-tuned this engine for the hybrid compared to the US RX330 power output) or put in the 3.5ltr. If I buy a 400 it will be for its performance and fuel economy.

Bigger wheels, those 18" just don't fill the arches and the handling suffers due to the large tyre side walls. 19" with a 20" option would suffice.

Electronic column gear selector like the new Merc ML or simple dashboard buttons like the Rolls Royce Phantom.

Even lacking the above I still think it has the edge on the competition. I just can't bring myself to buy a diesel or pay the costs of a petrol V8. RX400h it is then... come on Lexus, listen to us before the competition catches up!!

Before buying a RX400h now, might I suggest you read this article:

http://www.soultek.com/clean_energy/hybrid...ius_in_2008.htm

It would appear that the Hybrid technology, in particular the change from NiMH to ultra efficient lithium-ion batteries for model year 2008 (Prius and RX) and even possible mains charging, it would probably mean a huge devaluation on Lexus Hybrids purchased now. Just a thought! :yawn:

It would appear that the Hybrid technology, in particular the change from NiMH to ultra efficient lithium-ion batteries for model year 2008 (Prius and RX) and even possible mains charging, it would probably mean a huge devaluation on Lexus Hybrids purchased now. Just a thought! :yawn:

Just like RX300 second hand values will take a hit when the RX350 appears.

I recommend the RX400h-it is fast 0-60 in 7.4 sec,and if you want you can get very reasonable mileage.

Sure,technology is advancing all the time,and there will be second,third and fourth generations of Lexus synergy drive coming,but,even so,the RX400h is a great car and relatively rare,which,I believe,will keep second hand values up.If you use that argument,why don't we just wait for Hydrogen cell technology to become mainstream,as that will make the ICE redundant,since all cars with petrol and diesel engines will take a huge hit on second hand values?

Anyway I bought the car because I liked it,so I'm not too bothered about retained values.It's a briliant car!!!!! :D

Just like RX300 second hand values will take a hit when the RX350 appears.

I recommend the RX400h-it is fast 0-60 in 7.4 sec,and if you want you can get very reasonable mileage.

Sure,technology is advancing all the time,and there will be second,third and fourth generations of Lexus synergy drive coming,but,even so,the RX400h is a great car and relatively rare,which,I believe,will keep second hand values up.If you use that argument,why don't we just wait for Hydrogen cell technology to become mainstream,as that will make the ICE redundant,since all cars with petrol and diesel engines will take a huge hit on second hand values?

Anyway I bought the car because I liked it,so I'm not too bothered about retained values.It's a briliant car!!!!! :D

Thanks for the article Sebastian.

Without wanting to stray to far off topic,

It's a dilema when parting with so much cash as I'm always wandering what's round the corner in terms of next generation cars and whilst I accept a car will always depreciate nor do I want to pour money down the drain :crybaby: . For the moment the RX400h is my first choice but I would like to see a few subtle changes and if they are imminent then I may hang off a while. Maybe I should start a new topic to cover the 2008 model as it would appear there's an interest and may help my decision. Like the saying goes "I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure". :duh: