Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

To Run Big Boost

marcus

then having to get the steering realigned coz its put back together wrong.....another money saving hint

this happen to u then dave???

Yup,

bit miffed bearing in mind the size of the bill.

From what I'm told the normal way to so this (IS/supra engine removal) is to drop the gearbox so the engine comes out easily.....It was not done that way (Simon who did most of the work on my car had long since left) the front subframe was dropped with engine and gearbox coming out together (took a bit longer methinks).........when reassembled the steering joints where not aligned correctly so the steering wheel was about 45 degrees off centre...........didnt make a fuss at the time as it was 6.30 on a saturday night :sick: fely sorry for the guy working on it !

@mark, Hi mark i need to know what i need to RUN Hi BOOST, what do i need to do or get? 

Forged Pistons.................???

Forged Connecting Rods.......???

Uprated Bolts........???

what els do i need.........................???

If you could give me any info! on what i need to get that would be good

Thanks

What do you call "high boost" Marcus?

I would like to take it to 1.5 to 2 bar...........could you tell me what i need to get :whistling: please mark

Thanks

P.S PM if you like with what i need

There is a massive difference between 1.5 and 2 bar boost pressure.

Sounds to me like you need a properly designed package to try and avoid the possibilty of ending up with an expensive mistake.

It will take time and money to design, but will assist you in getting it right first time which will be cheaper in the long run.

ok then up to 1.7bar tops! what would i need? . To get to this, can you please name the bits i need to get!!!.......................

PM me please Mark :whistling:

Whatever boost you want to use, the package will still need to be designed properly if you want decent results. I would say that there is too much time and money involved in your project to risk not getting it right.

Mark would you like me to pay for the Info im asking for!!..............or do you just not like helping me ;)

I know it has to be designed properly................but i still need to know what to get ie' what internals!

Fill free to get back to me!........ if not i know where i stand........ :yawn:

Thanks anyway........... :yawn:

Thanks RR :winky: mate, thats all i was asking what i would need............but some just done like to help if they dont make anything out of it........

Marcus, I don't know what will be needed because we haven't done one at this level yet (neither has anyone else in this club), and you haven't been anywhere specific enough about your requirements.

If you want us (or anyone else) to design you a package to give you what you are looking for, there is a considerable amount of time involved in doing this which we are unable to provide for free.

Alternatively you can take the advise of someone that has no experience or first hand knowledge whatsover but gives expert advice, or you can take a guess yourself which may be equally useful.

I will be happy to guess what parts you may need, but a guess is likely to be as useful as a chocolate teapot, if you want the job to right first time.

then having to get the steering realigned coz its put back together wrong.....another money saving hint

this happen to u then dave???

Yup,

bit miffed bearing in mind the size of the bill.

From what I'm told the normal way to so this (IS/supra engine removal) is to drop the gearbox so the engine comes out easily.....It was not done that way (Simon who did most of the work on my car had long since left) the front subframe was dropped with engine and gearbox coming out together (took a bit longer methinks).........when reassembled the steering joints where not aligned correctly so the steering wheel was about 45 degrees off centre...........didnt make a fuss at the time as it was 6.30 on a saturday night :sick: fely sorry for the guy working on it !

If you don't mind me saying so, your comments seem somewhat ungrateful considering:

1) We stayed late on a Saturday night and worked like demons to finish your car to help you out. You elected to take the car with the wheel out of alignment rather that wait further.

2) TDi sponsored your car to the tune of £000's.

3) I remained silent about the problems with the Prolex products you asked us to fit to your car.

Mark,

Thanks for taking the time out to respond. Without meaning to take Marcus's thread further off topic, I will respond to your 3 points and then will be happy to talk you off-line if you require any further clarification (apologies Marcus!).

1) You may note that I did mention I felt sorry for the mechanics working late and I took the car mis-aligned in my original post.

2) I appreciate the £2.5k of labour that you wrote off leaving me with the final bill of £8k.

3) I also appreciate your help with one of the prototype lightened pullies that did not initially fit.

@mark, Hi mark i need to know what i need to RUN Hi BOOST, what do i need to do or get? 

Forged Pistons.................???

Forged Connecting Rods.......???

Uprated Bolts........???

what els do i need.........................???

If you could give me any info! on what i need to get that would be good

Thanks

What do you call "high boost" Marcus?

I would like to take it to 1.5 to 2 bar...........could you tell me what i need to get :whistling: please mark

Thanks

P.S PM if you like with what i need

There is a massive difference between 1.5 and 2 bar boost pressure.

Sounds to me like you need a properly designed package to try and avoid the possibilty of ending up with an expensive mistake.

It will take time and money to design, but will assist you in getting it right first time which will be cheaper in the long run.

ok then up to 1.7bar tops! what would i need? . To get to this, can you please name the bits i need to get!!!.......................

PM me please Mark :whistling:

Whatever boost you want to use, the package will still need to be designed properly if you want decent results. I would say that there is too much time and money involved in your project to risk not getting it right.

Mark would you like me to pay for the Info im asking for!!..............or do you just not like helping me ;)

I know it has to be designed properly................but i still need to know what to get ie' what internals!

Fill free to get back to me!........ if not i know where i stand........ :yawn:

Thanks anyway........... :yawn:

Thanks RR :winky: mate, thats all i was asking what i would need............but some just done like to help if they dont make anything out of it........

Marcus, I don't know what will be needed because we haven't done one at this level yet (neither has anyone else in this club), and you haven't been anywhere specific enough about your requirements.

If you want us (or anyone else) to design you a package to give you what you are looking for, there is a considerable amount of time involved in doing this which we are unable to provide for free.

Alternatively you can take the advise of someone that has no experience or first hand knowledge whatsover but gives expert advice, or you can take a guess yourself which may be equally useful.

I will be happy to guess what parts you may need, but a guess is likely to be as useful as a chocolate teapot, if you want the job to right first time.

all i asked was could you give me some info on what i would need to run HI Boost.

not the ins & outs of what i would need ;)

but all you come back with was 0 like you all ways do when i ask you anything :ph34r:

i got the same of you when i asked you about the Turbo if you remember, What you told then that what i wantted to do was not going to work!! ;)

Then i ask you about fitting the Emanage + Profec E-01 and you told me you could fit it for £500+ and that was with out setting it up! the cost of setting up was on top. ;) and you told me the Emanage was no good for what i wantted it for, but then there you are trying to sell me a 2nd hand one you had :angry: if its not any good why try and sell me one :duh:

just seem's to me each time i ask you for help on anything i all ways get a (-) feedback of you. and its starting to ***** me off. ;)

as long as i know where i stand thats ok,

:driving:

P.S the name of our cars are Lexus IS200, NOT (£££££££££'s)

Another possible idea - maybe a bit wacky.... speak to some guys on a R5 GTT forum, they've been sorting that engine for big boost for ages, they may have some good tips.

I guess the same applies to the Supra and Skyline forums then?

all i asked was could you give me some info on what i would need to run HI Boost.

but all you come back with was 0 like you all ways do when i ask you anything :ph34r:

i got the same of you when i asked you about the Turbo if you remember, What you told then that what i wantted to do was not going to work!! ;)

Then i ask you about fitting the Emanage + Profec E-01 and you told me you could fit it for £500+ and that was with out setting it up! the cost of setting up was on top. ;)  and you told me the Emanage was no good for what i wantted it for, but then there you are trying to sell me a 2nd hand one you had :angry:  if its not any good why try and sell me one :duh:

just seem's to me each time i ask you for help on anything i all ways get a (-) feedback of you. and its starting to ***** me off. ;)

Marcus, if you remember correctly, you asked me to tell you what parts you need to buy. Not having done an is200 before to this level and not being prepared to give you bad advice, whether you realise it or not yet, I did the right thing by advising you of the correct course of action.

I maintain that the SAFC you bought is completely wrong for the conversion you are undertaking. Although I realise that you have not reached the level where you have fully understood it yet, you have actually wasted money on buying and installing it which could have been put towards a system that will do the job properly at the boost pressure you are hoping to achieve.

In the same light as the above, I still recommend that you have the package designed properly otherwise you could easily waste even more money.

Dave seems to be an expert nowadays, you could always take his advise if you don't believe me or if you feels he has more experience.

Best of luck mate :D

Mark,

Thanks for taking the time out to respond.  Without meaning to take Marcus's thread further off topic, I will respond to your 3 points and then will be happy to talk you off-line if you require any further clarification (apologies Marcus!).

1)  You may note that I did mention I felt sorry for the mechanics working late and I took the car mis-aligned in my original post.

2)  I appreciate the £2.5k of labour that you wrote off leaving me with the final bill of £8k.

3)  I also appreciate your help with one of the prototype lightened pullies that did not initially fit.

OK Dave,

The tone of your posts did not seem to reflect any gratitiude, so now I am glad that you have expressed it and live in the hope that you will moderate further posts.

I was not refering to your ill fitting pulleys.

Another possible idea - maybe a bit wacky.... speak to some guys on a R5 GTT forum, they've been sorting that engine for big boost for ages, they may have some good tips.

I would say that it is fairly pointless trying to apply what another car or engine need to produce power and/or remain reliable.

I can tell Marcus or anyone else exactly what needs to be done to make a Toyota 2JZ engine produce X hp because we have done it all before many times, but this does not mean that you can do the same to the is200 engine. Unfortunately ;)

I would say that it is fairly pointless trying to apply what another car or engine need to produce power and/or remain reliable.

I can tell Marcus or anyone else exactly what needs to be done to make a Toyota 2JZ engine produce X hp because we have done it all before many times, but this does not mean that you can do the same to the is200 engine. Unfortunately ;)

Thank you for enlightening me..... :D

Then i ask you about fitting the Emanage + Profec E-01 and you told me you could fit it for £500+ and that was with out setting it up! the cost of setting up was on top. ;)  and you told me the Emanage was no good for what i wantted it for, but then there you are trying to sell me a 2nd hand one you had :angry:  if its not any good why try and sell me one :duh:

Marcus, if you remember correctly, you asked me to tell you what parts you need to buy. Not having done an is200 before to this level and not being prepared to give you bad advice, whether you realise it or not yet, I did the right thing by advising you of the correct course of action.

I maintain that the SAFC you bought is completely wrong for the conversion you are undertaking. Although I realise that you have not reached the level where you have fully understood it yet, you have actually wasted money on buying and installing it which could have been put towards a system that will do the job properly at the boost pressure you are hoping to achieve.

In the same light as the above, I still recommend that you have the package designed properly otherwise you could easily waste even more money.

Dave seems to be an expert nowadays, you could always take his advise if you don't believe me or if you feels he has more experience.

Best of luck mate :D

;)

well its ok now as i have all the INFO i need, at the end of the day i want to run HI Boost :ph34r: but its going to take me along time to get all the bits i need ( when i asked i was not on about for now!! maybe i should of said that! just thinking what i would like to end up with :yawn: and thats why i asked what i would need)

Why you keep saying the Greddy Emanage + profec E-01 is no good when there are lots of guys in the UK & US useing them on there cars, and if they are no good why did you try and sell me one "if they are no good" ;)

"best of luck" :lol: im going to need all the luck i can get to keep the IS on the road when the Turbo is fitted at the end of next month, as i do like to put my foot down alot (not all the time :whistling:)

@Dave PM me when mate :winky: :driving:

I dont think Mark or anyone else would give bad advise intentionally Marcus as it helps no-one this is a club forum with members with one thing in common.....the Lexus brand.

And it doesn't do anybody any good with all this ill-feeling towards people.

So im say lets all go and hug a tree....or something....anything.

Give some love today peeps :D :D

Why you keep saying the Greddy Emanage + profec E-01 is no good when there are lots of guys in the UK & US useing them on there cars, and if they are no good why did you try and sell me one "if they are no good" ;) 

I believe I explained the technical reasons and differences to you on another thread.

I think you'll struggle to find a high power engine that's been done properly, that's using the combo that you have. We have removed that combo from cars which had less power power than what you hope to achieve, because it's not good enough.

I am telling you this for your benefit as you did ask me, so please don't ask for my opinion again if you not prepared to listen to the answers. Good luck mate :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links