Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

To Run Big Boost

marcus

@mark, Hi mark i need to know what i need to RUN Hi BOOST, what do i need to do or get?

Forged Pistons.................???

Forged Connecting Rods.......???

Uprated Bolts........???

what els do i need.........................???

If you could give me any info! on what i need to get that would be good

Thanks

@mark, Hi mark i need to know what i need to RUN Hi BOOST, what do i need to do or get? 

Uprated Bolts........???

Thanks

It depends on how high the boost should be then?!?

1bar, 2bar??

I wouldn't go higher than 1 bar (with upgraded internals).

Valve springs, maybe cam shafts, spark plugs, ignition timing and and and and...... ;)

Uprated Bolts........???

Thanks

What do you call "high boost" Marcus?

Uprated Bolts........???

Thanks

I would like to take it to 1.5 to 2 bar...........could you tell me what i need to get :whistling: please mark

Thanks

P.S PM if you like with what i need

Uprated Bolts........???

Thanks

I would like to take it to 1.5 to 2 bar...........could you tell me what i need to get :whistling: please mark

Thanks

There is a massive difference between 1.5 and 2 bar boost pressure.

Sounds to me like you need a properly designed package to try and avoid the possibilty of ending up with an expensive mistake.

It will take time and money to design, but will assist you in getting it right first time which will be cheaper in the long run.

Uprated Bolts........???

Thanks

Thanks

Sounds to me like you need a properly designed package to try and avoid the possibilty of ending up with an expensive mistake.

It will take time and money to design, but will assist you in getting it right first time which will be cheaper in the long run.

ok then up to 1.7bar tops! what would i need? . To get to this, can you please name the bits i need to get!!!.......................

PM me please Mark :whistling:

Uprated Bolts........???

Thanks

Thanks

ok then up to 1.7bar tops! what would i need? . To get to this, can you please name the bits i need to get!!!.......................

Whatever boost you want to use, the package will still need to be designed properly if you want decent results. I would say that there is too much time and money involved in your project to risk not getting it right.

Uprated Bolts........???

Thanks

Thanks

Whatever boost you want to use, the package will still need to be designed properly if you want decent results. I would say that there is too much time and money involved in your project to risk not getting it right.

At all, also if you can get it running well, 2bar of boost could kill everything, started from head gasket down to the transaxle.

I'd try to get the car running well between 1 and at highest 1.5bar.

And it still gives a pretty good kick in your a**. :winky:

Uprated Bolts........???

Thanks

Thanks

Mark would you like me to pay for the Info im asking for!!..............or do you just not like helping me ;)

I know it has to be designed properly................but i still need to know what to get ie' what internals!

Fill free to get back to me!........ if not i know where i stand........ :yawn:

Thanks anyway........... :yawn:

Thanks RR :winky: mate, thats all i was asking what i would need............but some just done like to help if they dont make anything out of it........

A start of a list, (just talking engine here):

Pistons

Rods

Head studs

Head gasket

Change vacuum / boost hoses

Do a compression / leak-down test

Intake manifold

For safety:

Knock sensor

Water / alcohol injection

Suggest you move this to the general forum since not everyone looks in this forum unless they are after help.

Suggest you move this to the general forum since not everyone looks in this forum unless they are after help.

let us know if you would like it moved Marcus - and a mod will take care of it for you ;)

Can you move it for me please mate as im not geting much help in here from the one guy that could help me but will not ;)

Supracharged-IS340 / dark_is200 & RR thanks guys for your input :) nice to know some like to help :winky:

I can say something now :D

As you would expect all that Kieran and Mat have said holds true.

I'd suggest the following as well.

You look to source another IS engine block...complete

get it rebored & honed (maximum - 1) that the block will go to...no substitute for cubic inches :whistling:

get the crank tested nitrided/balanced/ground

add the bits suggested by mat & Kieran above

you can do all this a step at a time which will be helpful....

I'd suggest doing some work on the head when you do the swap....

doing it this way it will come in at less than £8k

needless to say we can do all the above for you :winky:

think no more than 1.5 bar tho..............should be plenty

then theres the gearbox..........those selectors are a tad on the weak side at that BHP....

Of course young man .........you will still not catch the Prolex express :whistling: :P

Thanks guys for your input :D just thinking what i would like at the end up with, i will do it but its going to take me some time to get all the bits i need. :whistling:

But for now i will be happy with the Turbo when its fitted :winky:

with out having to take the head off and just putting the forged pistons in will the standard head internals and head gasket take about 1.2 bar

i know than you will have to look at the injectors but will the internals of the head take it

thanks daz

with out having to take the head off and just putting the forged pistons in will the standard head internals and head gasket take about 1.2 bar

i know than you will have to look at the injectors but will the internals of the head take it

thanks daz

would you not take the head off whilst doing the pistons & rods :question:

sure you will need to look at another h/g (uprated)

thanks daz

would you not take the head off whilst doing the pistons & rods :question:

sure you will need to look at another h/g (uprated)

cant you do the pistons threw the taking the sump off :question:

probably............but i'd want a look to see what was going on in there....

BTW if you drop the gearbox theres no need to drop the subframe with all agro and cost.........then having to get the steering realigned coz its put back together wrong.....another money saving hint

probably............but i'd want a look to see what was going on in there....

what would you want to look at ?

if the pistons are made to exact as the origanals it should be just push them in bolt up

i might be wrong

that is why i was wondering about the h/gasket and internals