Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:angry: Hi all, had my RX300 SE one week, When I collected the car it was raining and could not check the paintwork. I polished it today, on checking closely I found 3 marks (raised bumps) one on each front wing and one under the pasenger rear door handle. I rubed the ones on the wings as I thought they were just dirt, they came off with the polishing rag leaving marks right through the paint!

They look like a black stone chip type mark now, and on Silver they stand out horribly. I am taking it back to the dealership tomorrow at 11AM. Hope for a good response. Anyone had paint problems with these cars?. JOHN :tsktsk:

I'm not suprised you're angry, I'd go nuts. Lexus paintwork is usually so good. Dealer should really have spotted that at PDI or at least when they preped the car. I'm sure they will agree to paint the panels but thats not really the issue now, is it right that you pay so much for a car and then have to accept it being repainted ?

Let us know what happens.....

Took it in today, The sales staff seemed to agree that there are paint defects, the area manager will be in there showrooms sometime in the next week and he will make an assesment. Digital photos are being sent to lexus. !!

Update: still waiting for the area manager to make an appointment with me just to see it!.

I am begining to want to get shot of this car, it seems jinxed, some wowwypop in the service station rolled into the towbar yesterday, lucky it was on the car.

I have contacted Lexus GB (chiswick) and they are going to try and hurry things up.Am I being inpatient or being normal in wanting this sorted pronto?. £34000 is not peanuts and I expect a perfect car at that sort of money. John :tomato:

£34000 is not peanuts and I expect a perfect car at that sort of money. John :tomato:

Hi John, I too am having problems, nothing serious and I know it will be sorted out but not happy at the service. One of the Reasons for buying the Lexus, this is our first new car we've ever bought with our own money (as opposed to company cards). We've heard so many stories of Lexus bending over backwards. Just to get a call back 4 weeks after requestting an inspection of our car and various other small issues to be sresolved and still no answer. Called again yesterday and promised a return of call that afternoon. Over 24 hours later and still no call! I agree, spending this amount of money it's reasonable to expect that it should be right, or at least put it right efficiently and with no inconvenience to the customer. And frankly it's a sahame because I love the car and I was actually looking forward to the receiving the Lexus experience. Lexus Guildford are the offenders if anyone's interested.

Let me know how you get on.

best of luck.

D

Don't get dispondant guys, cars are complex bits of kit and with their increasing reliance on computers both in construction and operation its not really surprising that most manufacturers are suffering reliability issues to some extent at the moment. Thats not to say that its acceptable in this day and age but our expectations have rocketed. In my experience you get good and bad dealers with any make of car. In general Lexus UK will bend over backwards to keep their customers happy. Perhaps you should consider contacting their customer services dept to express your current dissapointment.

I hope you get the issues resolved and then begin to enjoy the car as much as the rest of us. Good luck....

Don't get dispondant guys, cars are complex bits of kit and with their increasing reliance on computers both in construction and operation its not really surprising that most manufacturers are suffering reliability issues to some extent at the moment. Thats not to say that its acceptable in this day and age but our expectations have rocketed. In my experience you get good and bad dealers with any make of car. In general Lexus UK will bend over backwards to keep their customers happy. Perhaps you should consider contacting their customer services dept to express your current dissapointment.

I hope you get the issues resolved and then begin to enjoy the car as much as the rest of us. Good luck....

cheers easylife. Did just that see my other post, best regards John. :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links