Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth In A 99 Gs300 With Sat Nav?

I have just got myself a fantastic Samsung D500 moby phone.

I would like to have a hands free Bluetooth kit in the GS 300

its got the factory satnav

can anyone reccomend a nice Bluetooth hands free set that will mute the music when a call comes thru and will output the voice thru a speaker or one of the cars own?

many thanks :)

typical :(

does the GS have a mute wire?

I would most likley be installing this myself

If it doesn't have a mute wire .... get your self a voltage meter .. and search for the output that give you about 0.5v ... that'll be your mute input !

Thats a Nice install Matt :) what is the model of the bluetooth kit?

and Thanks Rodders for the offer :)

I dont mind having another speaker for the phone if its hidden :)

mine the Sony Ericsson one mate - HBH 60? :huh::huh:

the speaker for mine is behind the dash - think its by the control button - but as you can see - its completely invisible.

That was important to me - I wanted a very tidy install, with as little showing as possible

I have the HBH 60 sony ericsson in my 99 gs with sat nav.  I was told it could not be done through the speakers as it was 'actively amplified' ??

Anyone throw any light on this term?

That is incorrect, the speakers are not active. Active speakers are when an amplifier is built into the speaker module, the speaker will have power as well as the audio input going to it, like some speakers for your computer.

The GS has a separate amplifier to the head unit but not amps in the speaker modules.

It's complicated through the speakers due to the SatNav using them too, and it's lowering of the volume in the right front channel for the SatNav makes it even more tricky.

In our Honda, we tried using the same speakers for phone, SatNav and stereo - the results weren't very goo IMO.

In many handsfree kits that I've fitted, I've put the phone speaker at the top of the B pillar, so it's near to your right ear - works a treat!!