Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Ecu

BESTY

The silver ECU and the stainless steel precats are sold toghether here in Germany.

The rev limiter works by cutting of the fuel on high revs. This makes lean --> very hot on long time high speed (autobahn) --> precats melting and plugging main cat --> increase pressure in exhaust --> engine damage!

In Germany TTE advises to build in stainless steel precats. Therefor you also have to purchase the silver-ECU.

Otherwise TTE won't fit the compressor for us Euro-LOCers.

new precats: 1000 Euro

silver ECU: 600 Euro

But I heard about a guy who's s/c will be fitted without buying the new cats here in Germany. But then TTE won't give any warranty. It's his funeral :whistling:

The silver ECU and the stainless steel precats are sold toghether here in Germany.

In Germany TTE advises to build in stainless steel precats. Therefor you also have to purchase the silver-ECU.

Otherwise TTE won't fit the compressor for us Euro-LOCers.

But I heard about a guy who's s/c will be fitted without buying the new cats here in Germany. But then TTE won't give any warranty. It's his funeral  :whistling:

Is that right? I never knew that. And I got my silver ECU from TTE.... but I guess its different as I'm from the UK....

Thats interesting how you have to buy both.....

That's the main problem. We in Germany have to add this extra money. Much more Germany IS200 drivers would buy this favourably priced s/c's. But then they hear about the 1600 Euros more and refuse.

But it's less then 6500 Euros (normal price).

So all in, a fitted "UK"-supercharger costs you 4500 Euros. It saves you a bit, but many people cannot afford it.

Does somebody have a job for me in the UK? I want to emigrate.

But you don't have a autobahn :D