Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Sportcross

alas58

Hi all.

Wife has an is200 at present but we need another estate. I've a BMW Touring. She loves the Lexus and does not want to change so am looking for opinions on the Sportcross from anyone who owns one. Needs to be able to take a very large dog in the back. :D

Thanks

Alasdair

Needs to be able to take a very large dog in the back

Why can't she drive ? ;)

I have driven a coupe fo Sportscross as courtesy cars, they basically drive the same, look different ( bumper, wheels ), but there s a fair bit of room in the back. Note the floor in the back drops also if you need a bit more height or space.

If you do a search I'm sure you will find a few more comments from a couple of posts some time back.

Think you probably need to take the dog to your lexus showroom to see if it fits :)

I had a IS300 Sport Cross for a 24 hour test drive .... the power was lovely .... felt the same up front ... untill you look in your rear view mirror !

Sport Cross - not for me really, though I think there not bad looking ... comparing to some estate cars !

Regards,

I've had both - had an SE saloon for 2 years and then got the SportsCross 20 months ago.

The SportCross seems to just as good as the saloon for performance, handling, mpg blah blah - you only notice the difference when you look in the rear view mirror and see a rear-screen wiper sitting there. :)

Plus points : back seats fold down and the back of the front passenger seat folds forward giving you loads of space for the trips to B&Q and the dump.

Bad points : can't open the boot remotely, and, as there's fo fixed rear shelf, the rear speakers are in the luggage compartment, so it gets muffled when you've got a full boot.

Also, I think the 200 SportCross comes with 16" alloys, not 17" - IMHO the 16" don't look as good.

We haven't got a dog so I can't comment on its dog-handling abilities - only thing is that as the back screen is quite angled, there wouldn't be very much space for the hound to sit up in, unless you drop the back seats, and then you could get a flock of sheep in there as well.

Go on .... treat your dog to a trip to your Lexus dealer.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links