Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trd Quick Shift

BESTY

ive just fitted and tested the TRD quickshift from prolex uk.

here are the results

took around three quarter of an hour to fit,i have a lot of wires in my console so prob be less to others.

there is no noise at all from the shifter,the throw is perfect unlike the B&M which is too close.

the difference is unreal,the B&M SHIFT has nothing on this, the TRD is fantastic,the shift is precise and perfect ,i never missed a gear and all gears were found very quickly indeed.

i cannot believe how it has made my gearbox feel ,it wasnt bad anyway but now its even easier .none of the gears are notchy,first to second is a known problem and this sorts it out right away.

marks out of ten ,20.

THANKS DAVE

now for the bill :crybaby: :P

Is it noisy like the B&M?

Shorter? Stiffer?

sorry mate i will add you question to the review at the start ,forgot to say that

So, what I understand is: The TRD is not as short as the B&M?

the trd is just right mate.

the b&m is very close,well i dont like them anyway,but some lads do,my preference,but defo no noise ,no over tight shifting ,no over stiffness,but nice and close for quick changes.

put it this way ,a woman will have no problems.maybe thats a bad thing :sick::lol:

Mmmmmm.... i like my B+M for its short throw, but i hate it for its noise, stiffness and roughness...

IF the TRD overcomes these, but at a loss of slightly less shorter shift... i could well be changing!

The TRD comes with a gear knob as well doesn't it?

Mmmmmm.... i like my B+M for its short throw, but i hate it for its noise, stiffness and roughness...

IF the TRD overcomes these, but at a loss of slightly less shorter shift... i could well be changing!

The TRD comes with a gear knob as well doesn't it?

yes it does mate,i prefer the silver one but thats me. :)

What gearknob do you get with it Dave? The little round one? Do you think the bigger TRD knob would fit or would the leather gaiter still need modifying with the TRD short shifter?

Cheers pal

What gearknob do you get with it Dave? The little round one? Do you think the bigger TRD knob would fit or would the leather gaiter still need modifying with the TRD short shifter?

Cheers pal

hi pal it seems the thread length is the same ,my chrome one fits as it did on my old shift ,the small trd knob is supplied with the kit.if yours fits now i would assume it will fit no probs. :)