Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alarm/central Locking Resetting

If your remote won't open/close your doors, here is the key-fob resetting method for the GS300 Mk1 system between '95 - '97 (the two button open/close black unit):

Remove the small screw at the back of the fob, and seperate both parts. The back part will contain the battery - it's the front part that you need (minus the battery).

Sit in the car and with the ignition OFF hold the fob near to the centre console and press both buttons at the same time for 20 - 30 seconds.

Replace the back containing the battery and press lock, then unlock.

This should have sorted the problem out - it worked with mine! :D

Tony.

Oh my God! You are my hero! I borrowed my son's car today (usually not a thing he lets Mum do!) and of course it had to go berserk on me. The flipping alarm kept going off every time I opened the door. The fob wouldn't work and the ear piercing scream was doing my head in. I searched and found this reply. Followed your instructions and voila! Problem sorted and Mummy's little soldier will never know his Mother almost drove his pride and joy into a flipping wall!

Thank you so much.

Oh my God! You are my hero! I borrowed my son's car today (usually not a thing he lets Mum do!) and of course it had to go berserk on me. The flipping alarm kept going off every time I opened the door. The fob wouldn't work and the ear piercing scream was doing my head in. I searched and found this reply. Followed your instructions and voila! Problem sorted and Mummy's little soldier will never know his Mother almost drove his pride and joy into a flipping wall!

Thank you so much.

he'll know now if he's apart of this club :whistling:

If your remote won't open/close your doors, here is the key-fob resetting method for the GS300 Mk1 system between '95 - '97 (the two button open/close black unit):

Remove the small screw at the back of the fob, and seperate both parts. The back part will contain the battery - it's the front part that you need (minus the battery).

Sit in the car and with the ignition OFF hold the fob near to the centre console and press both buttons at the same time for 20 - 30 seconds.

Tony.

Thank you so much.

Great stuff, yet another satisfied customer! B) :winky:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Tony

Thanks for the info posted in 2005

I have had a similar problem for a few days

The garage (non Lexus) which has seviced my GS300 very well and at a very reasonable prices for the last 3 years said it was something they were not totally familiar with but they would be able to sort the problem but it may take them longer than it should and therefore could cost more money than if I went to a main dealer They also suggested an Auto Electrical Diagnostics Garage as an alternative to the main dealer

I contacted the main dealer who said the key would need re programming and they would need to book it in for a couple of hours to do this at a cost of £60

The Auto Electrical Diagnostics Garage said they would charge £35 whatever problems they encouteded but that I would have to leave the car with them for a full day (and they could not book it in for another 3 days) whilst they worked out the sequence that was needed to reset the alarm

Thanks to yourself and this site it took me 5 minutes to do it myself

Many thanks for saving me money and for your initial post

Dave

:D :D :D :D

• 3 months later...

Tony.

Worked for mine as well.

Note It does say you have to change Battery in 10 mins to keep the code. pressing the buttons with the Battery out discharges the stored code.

You may have to strip the button area and clean it so that the buttons make contact properly

• 6 months later...
the problem I have is that the fob will work fine for any amount of time, lock/unlock no problems, then for no reason whatsoever wont unlock with the fob for days, leaving me red faced with the alarm screeching away lights flashing as I drive head down away from home, till it's had enough and stops!

I have changed the fob battery several times but this seems to make no difference, I now dont trust it and lock with the key and only unlock it with the fob. Any one had this problem?

My old 1996 Series I Sport suffered this problem sometimes, but due to the revised alarm Toyota used the only way to arm the alarm was via the key fob. Locking the door with the key would not arm it like earlier GS300s (like the ones that had the alarm button integrated into the car key).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a newbie on here, just got me a '96 GS300 Sport.

The last owner told me the fobs just need new batteries, i knew there would be other issues !! I nipped to Tesco and got some batteries and fitted them !!

And i was presented with this problem, was contemplating going to the main dealer, I wanted to locate the alarm unit so i thought i'd search on here and i ended up finding out how to fix it myself.

So big thanks to whom wrote this post, ive reset both my alarm fobs now, saving myself quite a wedge!!

• 3 weeks later...
Doesn't time fly!!!!!!

Glad it's still a help to people :winky:

Thats right i have this problem it just happend my fob stopped working. I thought it was the Battery then i checked o here and reset thanks... its saved me time to get a Battery and probaly £5 for the Battery it self cheers

• 10 months later...

sorry to ***** on your bonfire but

i had a problem with my gs300 mk1 NON sport

the barrel refused to let the key in

i managed to get the ignition switch off and bodge it so i could use it till i got a new one

so on eBay i managed to get from a 1996 gs300 sport a complete steering colomn and lock set with a key and an alarm fob for £30 (bargin)

i never got a fob when i got the car so i though great this is a bonus

i fitted the steering lock and got a local lock smith to sort the barrle out so it fitted the old key with the chip in for £60 (bargin again)

now this is all fine and dandy and the car starts and locks with the original ket to save getting the car and key reprogrammed

after searching i came across this post

i tried everything to get the fob to work the alarm and keyless entry but it dont work (gutted)

question is ..does the sport have a different alarm system or keyless entry to the NON sport?

• 5 years later...

This worked for me on my 1997 Lexus GS300 Legato. Thanks for this brilliant piece of info. 

Although the second remote fob set the alarm lights flashing with no sound and would not reset with this method.