Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Excuses

Anees

Hi,

I need some inspiration. My mate has just scuffed both the bumpers on his Nissan Almera. He has been to a bodyshop I recommended thanks to Wosket (Manchester Car Refurbishment Centre - MCR) and they said they will need the car for 1 day to sortout the bumpers and a small dent. He will get a Peugoet curtesy car for a day.

The thing is that he wants a good excuse to tell his parents and older bother why he doesn't have his car for a day. He doesn't want them to know he damaged the car - male pride I think! :ph34r:

Can you think of any?

I have suggested to say:

- Going for a service at the dealers (but it has just been serviced and why would Nissan give him a Peugoet?)

Any ideas? Something believable?

EDIT - And its NOT secretly me! :D B)

It's going in for full valet  but they overan & haven't finished it so they gave him courtesy car. But he will have to clean it!!!!!!!

Hey....thats pretty good actually!

The bodyshop valet the car anyway - but he may need to clean the inside himself!

Thanks! :driving:

Only trouble is that the curtesy car will have the bodyshop advertising all over it.

It's going in for full valet  but they overan & haven't finished it so they gave him courtesy car. But he will have to clean it!!!!!!!

Hey....thats pretty good actually!

The bodyshop valet the car anyway - but he may need to clean the inside himself!

Thanks! :driving:

Only trouble is that the curtesy car will have the bodyshop advertising all over it.

MCR always do a better job valeting my car than what any lexus dealer has ever done for me.

tell ya mate to be a man and come clean, otherwise he's just a big girl!!!!

He has just rang me.

He is thinking of just inventing a fault with his car (airbag light) and saying it is at the dealers.... and then saying that he wasn't provided with a curtesy car because one was not available!

Not sure why he doesn't just come clean - its more becuase of his arrogant borther rather then his parents I think!

Tell them the police have seized the car for some forensics, as they beleive the car was involved in a major drugs rig.

and err ... they just so happened to lend him another car ........ lol !!

Tell them the police have seized the car for some forensics, as they beleive the car was involved in a major drugs rig.

and err ... they just so happened to lend him another car ........ lol !!

HA HA HA!!

That will really help his reputation! :lol: :zee:

He has decided that he is just gonna go with the "invented fault" idea discussed before. Sounds good.

Thanks for all the help guys! :D