Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting Instructions For Rx300 Ice

Do you have a link?

The ICE you can get from dealers doesn't go near the head unit as it's only for the rear passengers.

The stuff on eBay has rolled off - there was one just before XMAS and one just after - went for £400 and £600 - good prices. Both were reported as Lexus original kit, 2 screens, DVD/entertainment unit, headphones etc. But no fitting instructions.

The stuff on ebay has rolled off - there was one just before XMAS and one just after - went for £400 and £600 - good prices. Both were reported as Lexus original kit, 2 screens, DVD/entertainment unit, headphones etc. But no fitting instructions.

You won't get fitting instructions as it's not a kit that is sold to the public and it isn't a Toyota product so won't just plug into the existing wiring loom however the wiring isn't that involved as it is basically stand alone so you just need a 12+ supply. The main work is cutting up the headrests to fit the screens and running the wires down through the seats.

Actually Id prefer to plug into the onboard Nav screen, and Im waiting for some modders in the US to get back with suitability of their kit, but if you or others have got more info, Id welcome it.

There have been a lot of posts about people intimating or nearly doing it or actually doing (Duncan, SteveAudio) etc but I cant find any clear instructions.

As well as plugging in the obligatory AV kit - DVD player (for use when parked, of course), MP3 etc, I want to put in a front view cam. A few people have commented on the difficulty with judging front distances, and I agree.

The 'bargains' on eBay would be just an added bonus.