Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rev Limiter

Serran

Hi

HKS FCON v-pro allows this............

There are rumours that the factory ECU can be tweaked but I don't know anyone who has done this....

Have you had the car dyno'd yet ? I ask as its pointless if the power curve drops at say 6300rpm...

Hi

HKS FCON v-pro allows this............

There are rumours that the factory ECU can be tweaked but I don't know anyone who has done this....

yes you do..............me

instructions pls on tweaking the ecu.. :whistling:

ps. im using emanage right now and can't justify getting vpro at the moment..

there are no instructions its a custom made piggy back ecu, also advances/retards timing, and alters fuel mixture................all with a laptop

Is it going to be sold to the public Mat?

Could be a few more people requiring decent connecting rods if "the public" are able to raise the rev limiter then?

there are no instructions its a custom made piggy back ecu, also advances/retards timing, and alters fuel mixture................all with a laptop

Could be a few more people requiring decent connecting rods if "the public" are able to raise the rev limiter then?

Please excuse my lack of technical knowledge here Mark - but why would you require decent connecting rods if the rev limiter is raised? Just curious - thank you.

Please excuse my lack of technical knowledge here Mark - but why would you require decent connecting rods if the rev limiter is raised? Just curious - thank you.

No prob Zee - happy to help. The connecting rods are very weak to begin with, and an unfortunate law of engine dynamics is that the stress on the rods increases exponentially with engine speed. ie the rate of stress increases significantly faster than the rpm. Or another way to put may be that if you increase the engine speed by 20%, you could increase the stress by 100% (not exact figures btw). I hope this sort of makes sense :blush:

No prob Zee - happy to help. The connecting rods are very weak to begin with, and an unfortunate law of engine dynamics is that the stress on the rods increases exponentially with engine speed. ie the rate of stress increases significantly faster than the rpm. Or another way to put may be that if you increase the engine speed by 20%, you could increase the stress by 100% (not exact figures btw). I hope this sort of makes sense  :blush:

Thank you - very clear. :)