Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Much Power Can One Handle?

Zee007

That car is still for sale by the way Zee!!

Which one fella? :huh:

possibly this?

http://www.altezzasportsandprestige.com/20...za_tipronic.htm

Thanks Am... but i meant the Fensport altezza... been trying to sell it to me for AGES!!!

Oh right. hmmmmm. Although, I've spotted one I quite like which is manual and reletively standard so I can tweak it the way I want too. I'd also rather go down the Turbo route..... :devil:

That car is still for sale by the way Zee!!

Which one fella? :huh:

possibly this?

http://www.altezzasportsandprestige.com/20...za_tipronic.htm

Thanks Am... but i meant the Fensport altezza... been trying to sell it to me for AGES!!!

Oh right. hmmmmm. Although, I've spotted one I quite like which is manual and reletively standard so I can tweak it the way I want too. I'd also rather go down the Turbo route..... :devil:

I knew we would start to convert people to these great cars!!! :zee:

The 3sge can take quite alot of power. The altezza wont beable to run that much boost with the stock compression ratio.

Lower the compression ratio with a head gasket to around 8.5:1 or get lower CR pistons and you can squeeze a bar of boost into these motors.

Personally i dont want boost i preffer NA power.

So far i have the following done to the engine

Apexi intake and heat sheild

De-cat

Blitz nurspec for street driving, i modified my old nurspec of which the muffler itself rotted, replaced it with a straight pipe ...rather loud :D

self made grounding kit

I have plans for

TRD 280* cams & valve springs

TRD quad throttle kit with self made plenum

Apexi power fc

C-one header

fujitsubo power getter mid-pipe

I am also wanting to replace the pistons with custom forged 12:1 compression ratio ones(stock ratio is 11.5:1), both for the mild power increase and they will weigh less than the stock pistons.

From the Fensport site

Altezza RS200 6 speed manual, 1998

Excellent order throughout, some service history (japanese)

The Altezza is the Japanese version of the Lexus IS200, however it comes with a much more powerfull 2.0 4cylinder Beams engine. Beams means variable camshaft timing, which helps to produce 210bhp on a standard Altezza.

However this one`s been modified with the following:-

Blitz Supercharger kit, complete with Front mounted intercooler and aluminium piping. This raise power to 255bhp and gives the car 220FT/LB torque.

Blitz LM air induction kit, mounted in a custom carbon cold air box, ERL water injection kit.

TRD lightweight Flywheel, uprated clutch - standard 6 speed manual and LSD rear differential.

Fujibitso Sports 4 branch exhaust manifold and cat back exhaust system - very quiet!

Samco silicone hoses.

The suspension has been upgraded with a full Blitz/Sachs height adjustable coiloverkit - which is extremely supple, giving tremendous handling with excellent ride quality.

Exterior benefits from TRD sports carbon grille, and TTE lower front spoiler, otherwise the car is standard appearance.

Interior is standard with Japnav and TV which does not work here.

TRD instrument panel.

The car has an extremely well balanced chassis and the extra power just makes a great overall package, the supercharger is switched via manifold pressure and throttle position, so the car still drives as standard untill the throttle is past 70%, then the supercharger switches on and the fun begins.....

Sadly this car is now for sale, it comes with another set of gold splitrim show alloys, it has japanese service history, it has done 48,000 miles

£13,995 ono.

altezzaside1.jpg

altezzaft1.jpg

altezzaengbay1.jpg

sheesh - thats a lot of car for 14k.

looks nice too

for the std N/A 3s-, as you say, the blitz compressor is the best option,

I wouldnt go so far as to say the best option. Its the easiest. What i dont like about it is that its like a switch. The pulley on the supercharger is pretty much the same as your AC compressor pulley. It has an electronic clutch that engages only at full throttle. This means that changing the pulley is a bit out of the question not to mention that if you do swap it for a solid pulley of a different diameter you would have to completely revise the fueling.

The blitz sc kit is good for small power and fuel economy. If you are looking for a poweradder with room to grow and develop i would suggest the Power enterprise (rotorex based) centrifugal supercharger kit (will need to get custom intercooler kit made) or if you want a little more power the next step would be the Apexi turbo kit with their power fc...looking for more than that? HKS GT-RS kit.

for the std N/A 3s-, as you say, the blitz compressor is the best option,

I wouldnt go so far as to say the best option. Its the easiest. What i dont like about it is that its like a switch. The pulley on the supercharger is pretty much the same as your AC compressor pulley. It has an electronic clutch that engages only at full throttle. This means that changing the pulley is a bit out of the question not to mention that if you do swap it for a solid pulley of a different diameter you would have to completely revise the fueling.

The blitz sc kit is good for small power and fuel economy. If you are looking for a poweradder with room to grow and develop i would suggest the Power enterprise (rotorex based) centrifugal supercharger kit (will need to get custom intercooler kit made) or if you want a little more power the next step would be the Apexi turbo kit with their power fc...looking for more than that? HKS GT-RS kit.

Thanks for insight Nik. So having chosen the mods for NA, you have the intake and exhaust sorted, is this more driveable? and do you know what you have released hp wise?

has anyone seen the 2.2l stroker kit from HKS? Just wondering if this is a mod for adding/complimenting a turbo ?

With induction kit and exhaust, all i noticed was a noise and slight bit more juicier on fuel. Only benefits i encountered was high rev range, just means your always in a low gear high revs :)

So - from the above, this is what I think I'll start off with IF I get my Tezza:

- Uprated Manifold

- Induction

- Performance Cat

- Exhaust

- Plugs

I'll obviously do brakes and handling.

Then, I'll look at the turbo...... :D

That's quite a nice list!

If you want an Induction kit, i recommend the Apexi with the cold air box. My induction kit will be for sale in week or so, as the s/c kit has a Blitz LM induction supplied... so if you want save some cash :whistling:

You will get very good results with those. Won't be a unobtrusive car that's for sure :winky:

That's quite a nice list!

If you want an Induction kit, i recommend the Apexi with the cold air box. My induction kit will be for sale in week or so, as the s/c kit has a Blitz LM induction supplied... so if you want save some cash :whistling:

You will get very good results with those. Won't be a unobtrusive car that's for sure :winky:

Yep - that's the one I was going to get.

Can you PM me some details on your induction (age, condition, price you want etc) and I'll see whats what.

Cheers. :)

My car came with an exhaust so i cant tell you what gain i got from it. The intake however made a difference. With the standard airbox and an apexi drop in filter the car would never start to pull till 5000rpm now i have a little more power from around 4250 rpm or so. I have the heatsheild as well that makes a difference on hot days (england..hot :lol: hahahahahaha) or after some spirited driving.

My decat gave me a few hp up top...didnt feel anything in the low end improved.

The car is definately more drivable now. I cant wait till i get the C-one header, its got the largest diameter runners out of all the brands (bar the TRD racing header). I want top end so thats fine for me. If you want to help out the mid and low some more grab an HKS type 2 (i think its the type 2) header...its a 4-2-1 design and the runners are a few mm smaller in diameter to help build up exhaust gas velocity a bit quicker.

To be honest with the roads i have here (alot shorter than the UK roads) you dont need alot of power...you need brakes and handling so thats kinda what ive been concentrating on.

If you just get the car regardless of what the dealer tells you....SERVICE THE CAR. Seen a few instances where the alleged service was done and the plugs look like they were chewed on by a rabid pitbull and the oil was blacker than what spewed out of the Valdez. Power is all well and good but without a good maintenance foundation it will only cost you a rebuild in the end. Not trying to preach but just hate to see bad ***** happen to good cars and people.

My car came with an exhaust so i cant tell you what gain i got from it.  The intake however made a difference.  With the standard airbox and an apexi drop in filter the car would never start to pull till 5000rpm now i have a little more power from around 4250 rpm or so.  I have the heatsheild as well that makes a difference on hot days (england..hot  :lol: hahahahahaha) or after some spirited driving.

My decat gave me a few hp up top...didnt feel anything in the low end improved.

The car is definately more drivable now.  I cant wait till i get the C-one header, its got the largest diameter runners out of all the brands (bar the TRD racing header).  I want top end so thats fine for me.  If you want to help out the mid and low some more grab an HKS type 2 (i think its the type 2) header...its a 4-2-1 design and the runners are a few mm smaller in diameter to help build up exhaust gas velocity a bit quicker.

To be honest with the roads i have here (alot shorter than the UK roads) you dont need alot of power...you need brakes and handling so thats kinda what ive been concentrating on.

If you just get the car regardless of what the dealer tells you....SERVICE THE CAR.  Seen a few instances where the alleged service was done and the plugs look like they were chewed on by a rabid pitbull and the oil was blacker than what spewed out of the Valdez.  Power is all well and good but without a good maintenance foundation it will only cost you a rebuild in the end.  Not trying to preach but just hate to see bad ***** happen to good cars and people.

Cheers for the info

Totally agree with the maintainance thing......my car was serviced last year and as I now have a decent drive I can do alot more than I could have before (apart from washing the car!)

Will go down the induction route soon I think and get that muffler I bought from Scott (ages ago) put on

Altezzas are you still about?? :blink:

Zee> ............... Do you 100% want Mr Singh's Induction kit? As I am after one either from Altezzas or Mr Singh's Apex'i and understand you now have first refusal :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links